Honored Contributor

Just a little Rorschach test. (Not really!)

Which of these three do you prefer, if any?   Each tends to be a bit generic, they're not wildly individual.  At least one was part of a showhouse, which might explain a more "bland" aspect.  Each has elements I don't like, and ones I do.

Your analysis?  Be as specific as you like.

Transitional-Living-Room-Cortney-Bishop-Design-58975dbe5f9b5874ee297682.png

Soothing-light-blue-living-room-Digs-Design-Company-586d9bf25f9b584db35feb4d.png

Showhouse-Living-Room-Alexander-James-Interiors-5897b6515f9b5874ee7bc633.jpg

Honored Contributor

I don't care for #1.

#2 is just okay.

I love the view in #3.

Respected Contributor

Would take the living room in the middle in a Heartbeat.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

As you say, they are sort of generic.  But if I had to put them in order of appeal, I would say 1, 3, 2.

Cool "quiz." Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

#1 isn't too bad.

I don't care for #2 at all.   It's too formal for my tastes.

#3 is my favorite.   I love the view and the furniture is more to my liking.   It seems like a more casual setting and one that would feel more comfortable for my lifestyle.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't care for any of them.They look to formal. I like comfortable & cozy.I like a living room where you can put your feet up & not feel like your ruining anything.

Esteemed Contributor

#1, I like the windows.  I don't like the mantle or the black veiny marble around the fireplace

#2, I don't like the solid black around the fireplace.  My eyes go right to that.  But I do like the mantle

#3, I don't like anything about this

And I don't really care for the furniture in any of them.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

I like the first one the best.  To me it's comfortable and easy to decorate at Christmas, which is what I care about most. The wood treatment is good for me also. The middle one is beautiful but looks to me like somewhere in the South or the Coast.  I like more earthy tones.  LIke the forest.  The third one is nice for the setting, but a little too drab for me.  Maybe it's the lighting in the picture.  It looks like something a broker would live in.  

Honored Contributor

I like the coffee table in 1, hate the blue in 2,  3 is ok , but a bit boring. I guess I would  take what I like from each room.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

#1 not bad seems masculine 

#2 reminds me of in-laws who don't like you,this would be their living room 

#3 I can see having a great cocktail party here