Trusted Contributor

Suggestions Please for Photo Collage Project

I was watching QVC a few months ago and one of the guests was being filmed at her home with a fireplace in the background.  On the mantel of the fireplace she had 2 large photo frames that had a collage of family photos.   

I currently have LOTS of frames on my mantel and I really liked the look that she had - simple and neat.

I would like to take my photos out of my frames and place them also in 2 large photo frames - perhaps my family in one and my husband's family in the other.

I'm not sure how to go about this.  Has anyone done something similar?

Hobby Lobby has lots of frames so I was thinking of going there.  How do you get the photos to "stick"?  Do they sell a special board, or is there something special that you attach to the back of each photo.

Any suggestions on how I can complete this DIY project?

Thank you!!

Valued Contributor

Re: Suggestions Please for Photo Collage Project

I did the same with all of my framed photos a few years ago as they just started looking too messy and cluttered. I bought two large collage frames and just taped pictures accordingly to the backside of the matte board and it came out perfectly.
Esteemed Contributor

What a fun project!  I did that many years ago when my kids were young.  Today there are so many frame options, just go with what you like and run with it.  There's no right or wrong way to do it.  I did tape mine then with scotch tape on the back of the photo but there are probably better options at the craft store for that too.  Enjoy Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@BunSnoop   I would use Shutterfly. You can find them online. You can download the photos and they will make a collage for you and you can frame it.