Honored Contributor

Re: Storage Ottoman/Bench/Coffee Table

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I like the look and color of this one at Pier One. And it's only $140. But I don't know about the nailheads. It's smaller too, but looks fairly deep. I like the idea of this size for moving for cleaning and other reasons.

They call it cerulean blue, to me it looks like colonial blue.

3501184_2.jpg

@Greeneyedlady21

I love this one! And I agree, it seems to be a colonial blue to me. I never thought I'd like the nail heads in furniture, but after having some, I find it kind of grounds a room that could have a little too much elegance or formality, and I really do like it in limited amounts. I think they look nice on this piece. 

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@Mj12 I ordered the Pier One in that blue. Will let you know how it looks, I'm really worried about the color. Got this tray from them to go on top of it. I would put a spa blue Luminara lantern on it.

2565030_1.jpg

@Greeneyedlady21

I love this as well! I think it will be perfect on top. You have great taste.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 I love that tray too!  You have great taste.  Hope you love them.

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 @Mominohio The bench finally arrived 1/2 hour ago. I love it, perfect size for the room and the color is perfect. My Mom's house is small with small rooms. Plus a piano on one wall. This bench doesn't overwhelm everything else. I like the nailheads too, they're muted and subtle.

But the white tray doesn't work. Waverly curtains with some white in them, but it's not enough..the white sticks out like a sore thumb with all the cherry in the room. Your eyes go right to it, not in a good way. I'm keeping it because it's so pretty, but I'm going to go back to looking for a cherry tray in that same size.

"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"
Honored Contributor

I have a long rectangular ottoman in my family room that serves as a coffee table/storage unit.  I keep magazines on the one end and a variety of miscellaneous items on the other end.  I got it several years ago from overstockdotcom but don't recall the price.  Mine is a medium brown but I know it was available in a lot of colors.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@Mj12 @Mominohio The bench finally arrived 1/2 hour ago. I love it, perfect size for the room and the color is perfect. My Mom's house is small with small rooms. Plus a piano on one wall. This bench doesn't overwhelm everything else. I like the nailheads too, they're muted and subtle.

But the white tray doesn't work. Waverly curtains with some white in them, but it's not enough..the white sticks out like a sore thumb with all the cherry in the room. Your eyes go right to it, not in a good way. I'm keeping it because it's so pretty, but I'm going to go back to looking for a cherry tray in that same size.

@Greeneyedlady21

I'm so glad it is working in your space! I love it when something comes together. 

While tray shopping, think metal, in the same color shades as the nail heads. I've seen some that are very ornate with beautiful curved lines, if you don't find a cherry one. 

My mom does a lot of dark cherry furniture, and it does need lightened up a bit, so sorry the white didn't get it for you. 

Maybe something in more ivory or cream possible too? 

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21....I like that bench, and am looking for something to sit beside a door so that we can sit down and take off our shoes...can you 'sit' on this bench?  I am not sure if it is made to hold weight.....Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs It says on the site "seating and storage solution". I didn't sit on it yet. They also have the wooden type with baskets underneath. Not solid wood obviously, for those prices.

They're all on sale now,. The one I got is down to $125 and change. Still looking online for a cherry finish tray that I like.

"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21  Thanks, I will take a look on line, I really don't need a bench that size a smaller ottoman would work but what you purchased is nice looking!  I love the 'hunt' when looking for something specific, good luck finding just the right tray.