Honored Contributor

Storage Ottoman/Bench/Coffee Table

I've been looking on Wayfair for a storage bench, long rectangular. Not the square ones that you usually see in a living area. I want to be able to store some blankets and quilts in it. Replacement alternative to a coffee table.

I like the style with the built in trays, but they're all leather and faux leather. Don't know how that would look with traditional cherry furniture. It's upholstered in a colonial blue color with cherry legs. Room has spa blue print curtains. So I was considering a blue tufted bench, would buy some nice serving trays for it.

I don't want it to look like one that belongs at the end of a bed. Anyone have one they would recommend? Have to buy online, don't have time to go into stores and none nearby either.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

Re: Storage Ottoman/Bench/Coffee Table

Maybe check out Pottery Barn, at least for ideas. They tend to be pretty pricey though, but they have beautiful things!!!!! Or even Pier One!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Also check out Wayfair and Overstock dot com.
"To each their own, in all things".
Super Contributor

Exactly what I'm looking for. I also have cherry furniture. Let me know if you find anything!

Honored Contributor

I like the look and color of this one at Pier One. And it's only $140. But I don't know about the nailheads. It's smaller too, but looks fairly deep. I like the idea of this size for moving for cleaning and other reasons.

They call it cerulean blue, to me it looks like colonial blue.

3501184_2.jpg

Honored Contributor

I don't know exactly what you are looking for but I found one (uber cheap) last year at Mennards on Black Friday.  It was under $13.00.  I"m not sure what the normal price is.

It's black faux leather with a sand color trim.  I use it in a bedroom to store extra sheet sets and blankets. 

You never know where you are going to find something.  LOL 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Highly recommend you check out  both the Grandinroad and Frontgate websites.

They have nice ottomans and benches  in a wide range of colors, and, for me, have been a pleasure to do business with on multiple purchases.

Respected Contributor

Note editing I did on previous post.  I added Grandinroad's website as a great source for benches and storage ottomans.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I like the look and color of this one at Pier One. And it's only $140. But I don't know about the nailheads. It's smaller too, but looks fairly deep. I like the idea of this size for moving for cleaning and other reasons.

They call it cerulean blue, to me it looks like colonial blue.

3501184_2.jpg

@Greeneyedlady21 I love this color blue (I'd call it Colonial too) and I love the nailhead detail.

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 I ordered the Pier One in that blue. Will let you know how it looks, I'm really worried about the color. Got this tray from them to go on top of it. I would put a spa blue Luminara lantern on it.

2565030_1.jpg