Super Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

@caroln242 

Are you sure?   Reason being what happens if you can't start with stripes and end with stripes?   You'll have a half or partial fleur de pattern at the end of the wall and that will look funny.

Also, your room is small and this wallpaper will give you the illusion of a smaller room yet.

Just thinking.....and besides you are not thrilled with it so why install it?

doesn't sound like it's a rushed project for needs to be done immediately, keep looking.

Actually, the deed is already done!  The wallpaper is only on one wall so it hasn't made the room look smaller and the room itself its 12.5' x 24', so not so small!  I've looked and looked and considered different options for months, so it's not rushed.  But even though the pattern isn't exactly what I had in mind originally, it still looks very nice.  Luckily, the pattern on the wall started and ended on the same pattern.  I see your point about it looking weird if it didn't.  Dumb luck!

Man plans. God laughs.
Respected Contributor

I think the paper is lovely and suits your space @caroln242 

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@caroln242 , I love this wallpaper. Can I ask where you purchased it? 

Respected Contributor

@caroln242 

I'm happy you are happy, that's the only person that counts.

Please show us the finished wall, that would be nice.

Honored Contributor

Very nice!! and yes stenciling looks very time consuming and involved---it isn't really---just getting the equipment is what takes the time----but love the wallpaper---have done that too and it takes a while as well---

Super Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

@caroln242 

I'm happy you are happy, that's the only person that counts.

Please show us the finished wall, that would be nice.

I tried several photos of the wall and I can't get it to come out clear.  Don't know what's wrong.

Man plans. God laughs.
Super Contributor

@loveschocolate wrote:

@caroln242 , I love this wallpaper. Can I ask where you purchased it? 

I bought it at Houzz.com.  The wallpaper was very reasonably priced and was a nice heavy vinyl.  It unpasted though.  Had to buy paste but not expensive.

Man plans. God laughs.
Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon ..I agree with you, I'd start in the center making sure the pattern is equal on both sides, otherwise, it would drive me nuts....but that's me.

Super Contributor

@loveschocolate   I forgot to mention the name of the wallpaper.  Sorry.  It's Ariana Gold Striped Damask Wallpaper.

Man plans. God laughs.
Honored Contributor

@caroln242 wrote:

@loveschocolate   I forgot to mention the name of the wallpaper.  Sorry.  It's Ariana Gold Striped Damask Wallpaper.

@caroln242 , thank you! I found it! ☺️