Super Contributor

I updated my last stenciling post but it's kind of buried on the previous pages, so I thought I'd repost here:

Here's the wall I was considering stenciling.

DINING ROOM.jpg

Well, I finally opted for wallpaper over stenciling.  I'd leave a picture of the wall with the new wallpaper but for some reason I can't make the picture come out clear.  So I'll just show the swatch taken off the website.  It's a muted damask stripe...not exactly what I had in mind (yawn) but it goes nice with my furniture style.  Those who thought stenciling would be too big a job on a whole wall were right!  I looked at some how-to videos of stenciling and decided wallpaper was the way to go.

Med Center Health Facebook.URL

Man plans. God laughs.
Honored Contributor

I love the wallpaper you have chosen!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm a wallpaper fan. Have it in my powder room and on an accent wall in my (large) master bath.

Esteemed Contributor

Good choice

This house had blue & red stenciling ....dining room ceiling level.  Hated it - ur eye kept getting confused.

It took many coats of white paint to kill.

Honored Contributor

Pretty, I love wall paper!

Valued Contributor
Good choice for that room & style! Sure it's just the "pop" you needed! And minimal work! Good for you!

Yes it's a TON of work, even just painting! I refuse to hire out painting as it's one thing I can do myself, but goodness it's a lot of work when you consider the prep & trim work etc. I can't imagine the time stenciling an entire wall would require!!!!
Respected Contributor

Re: Stenciling-Update

[ Edited ]

@caroln242 

Are you sure?   Reason being what happens if you can't start with stripes and end with stripes?   You'll have a half or partial fleur de pattern at the end of the wall and that will look funny.

Also, your room is small and this wallpaper will give you the illusion of a smaller room yet.

Just thinking.....and besides you are not thrilled with it so why install it?

doesn't sound like it's a rushed project for needs to be done immediately, keep looking.

Respected Contributor

@caroln242 

I have another suggestion, there's a company called Annie Selske who has a contact us feature, I wonder based on your photo if they would possibly give you some suggestions?

Just a thought.   I like having a professionals opinion, you can accept it or reject it, but having another set of eyes would possibly give you additional choices.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

@caroln242 

Are you sure?   Reason being what happens if you can't start with stripes and end with stripes?   You'll have a half or partial fleur de pattern at the end of the wall and that will look funny.

Also, your room is small and this wallpaper will give you the illusion of a smaller room yet.

Just thinking.....and besides you are not thrilled with it so why install it?

doesn't sound like it's a rushed project for needs to be done immediately, keep looking.

I don't think anyone would even notice; it's not much different than having to "turn the corner" and continue wallpapering the perpendicular wall.  

She may want to start in the middle and work her way to the sides so the paper pattern ends in the same place on both sides of the room (assuming the paper pattern is centered and symmetrical on the paper rollss.)

Not arguing, just thinking out loud. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@caroln242   It is beautiful and would add some texture and richness to the room.  I think, because of the light color it would not conflict with the fact that the room is small. Please post an update when you finish!