Esteemed Contributor

Started landscaping today

[ Edited ]

We started doing flower beds today. My mom was so excited to get it started. This is in the back. Dad is putting black dirt down out front so next few days we can start the front.F0E6F609-F7DF-428E-BBA2-32C658AA2257.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Started landscaping today

You are off to a great start. Thanks for sharing. @ccassaday

Esteemed Contributor

@ccassaday  that is great news

Honored Contributor

Now you get to do the fun part of a new house, although it's a lot of work.  How's your bedroom coming along?  New furniture, bedcovering, draperies?  Don't forget we want pictures when your masterpiece is complete.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Now you get to do the fun part of a new house, although it's a lot of work.  How's your bedroom coming along?  New furniture, bedcovering, draperies?  Don't forget we want pictures when your masterpiece is complete.

It wll probably be fall before I can think about my bedroom. I have my curtains up. I also use my new comfortor, but its to big. It will look better with a full size bed. A adjustable bed is the biggest expense. I am probably looking at $2400 or so. The headboard and two furniture pieces arent to expensive.  I will let my parents get the landscaping done since its a huge expense and maybe this fall I can finish it. I would like to go maybe on a raint day though and just look at adjustable beds and see if they will work for me.

Esteemed Contributor

I will post more pictures when they do the front in the next few days.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
@ccassaday wrote:

including at least one of Chloe 'supervising' all the work being done outdoors? Cat Tongue  

Esteemed Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:
@ccassaday wrote:

including at least one of Chloe 'supervising' all the work being done outdoors? Cat Tongue  

My mom had to make her come in today because she kept wanting to dig and lay in the black dirt. Lol. She is doing so well not having a fence. When we are out we put a 20 ft leash on her and just drop it. She loves her new house. She hates it if you leave her inside. Sonce she is staying in her yard and doing so well it takes the pressure of having to get a fence up quickly. That probably wont happen until next spring unless we get the landscaping done sooner then we think. My dad is trying to do as much he can with my grandmas small tractor. He wil probwbly have to get a excavator to finish leveling dirt. They are paying cash for everything as they go so it wont be a quick process.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ccassaday

LOL...  great to hear how extra happy she is!

Everything else:  all in good time.

Esteemed Contributor

So my parents arent to sure about what they want out front. They went to one of the local nurseries today. They are going to send someone out to do a plan and reccomend shrubs and stuff. They aready know where flower beds will be just arent sure what to buy. I think that will make it look so nice. Its only $95 for them to come out and do a plan.