Respected Contributor

We had a deluge yesterday so I was stuck inside and woke up thinking it was the day I'd bring out my spring/Easter decorations. By the time I got dressed, the mood had already left. A nice sunshiney day today so we'll see but I'm still not feeling it. I don't have a lot of stuff and since I've gone the month of January and halfway through February with a pretty much bare house, I thought it would be a good time to start bringing things out to liven up the house. Has anyone started with their spring decor yet? I need some motivation. I have to admit it's nice to not have anything more to dust!

Esteemed Contributor

Enjoy your sunshine, we're having quite the snowtorm today in the northeast!   It's okay with me though.......I was thinking of organizing my recipes.  I bought a recipe notebook type of thing based on a previous thread on here.  It would be a good day for that though HSN has a lot of fashion on today, oh what to do?    Anyway, I digress....   I normally leave my snowmen type decor out until the end of February.  I like to go more by the calendar so I will put my Spring/Easter decor out the beginning of March.  I find by leaving some winter candles and winter theme things out the house doesn't look bare to me at all.

Whatever you decide have a wonderful day @Carolina925 .

Respected Contributor

Yes, I have gotten out a few things and put some of my "winter" decor away.  Lately, I have been streamlining my seasonal decor and not wanting to put out as much as I have in the past.  It is a bit of a chore - you are right!

Esteemed Contributor

I don't do any seasonal decorating, only holiday.  Therefore, I only have Easter decorations to put out and I have very few of those.  I will wait a couple of weeks before I get them out and then it will only take me 5 minutes or so to decorate for Easter.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

I won't pull out my Spring decor till early March. It would feel odd to have it out sooner. Besides, I'm still tweaking/enjoying my current theme.

Honored Contributor

Outside of Christmas, my only decorating consists of changing the garden flag outside!  

Esteemed Contributor

We have FINALLY packed all Christmas decor away; just have a few more things to store, and have an ecclectic mix of Valerie spring/Easter decor and a set of Valerie valentine heart decorations on display!🥰 I needed a pick-me-up, and It put me in such a good mood!!👍 It is definitely a cure for the winter doldrums, as we await a desperately needed spring!😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖 

Respected Contributor

Re: Springtime Decorating

[ Edited ]

I must admit I have!

I didn't put my Christmas things away until earlier this month. 

I don't have much storage space so realized I might as well bring the spring/summer decorations out! I don't have everything out, but admit, it is a bit cheerful. I'm smiling as we have at least 8 inches of snow outside but I'm happy to be a bit ahead of schedule rather than behind. Smiley Very Happy

Valued Contributor

I love decorating.  I do a little for each holiday, it's just relaxing and fun to do. Right now I have Valentine's decor out and on Thursday I will do St. Patrick's Day after that Easter, Spring/Summer (summer I do Americana May and July).  Fall is my favorite I decorate after Labor Day and Christmas the Friday after Thanksgiving.  The Month of January and some in February I have my snowmen out.

Frequent Contributor

I'm trying to decide the same thing.  I like to do a little seasonal and layer holidays over that.   But it's hard to bring out spring when there's still snow covering everything outside.

At the same time, I'm so tired of winter.  When I put away the Valentine's decorations, then what's left of winter is going, too! 

Sunshine would motivate my spring decorating.  March for Easter.  St. Patrick's day gets a little lost, although I have very little for that.