Super Contributor

Wonderful thread! Gives much hope for warmer times ahead!!

Valued Contributor

The warm air is creeping northward for sure. We will enjoy that spring weather also, starting tomorrow and going up in temps the next few days. The birds are happily building many nests or reinforcing their current ones in the many bird houses I have up. One sparrow family is building in one of the bird feeders I did not use this winter. I am afraid it will be too hot for thier family, as it is on a south side. Guess they know what they are doing.

Esteemed Contributor

At this point, I have become numb so, if it just gets in the 30's and stays there, I would be thrilled! lol

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor
On 3/5/2015 ValuSkr said:

Susan, your gardens are beautiful, I saw the photos in another thread. I really like the brick edging and the 10' tall trellis that beans (?) climb on. Do hummingbirds go for the beans or the blossoms? My gardens are all in the shade; so jealous of your all-sun garden! Smile

Hi ValuSkr,

Yes, the Hummingbirds feed on the nectar in the blossoms...they also love perching in the vines and defending the vines as their own from other Hummers...very highly prized by the hummingbirds! During the peak of the Fall migrating season here, several hummers will defend particular sections of our 10' trellis as their own...lol

The hummers hear the angels singing when they are surrounded by the blooms...

Honored Contributor

Walk a happy dance of joy...

Honored Contributor

Sip the sweet juice...

Honored Contributor

And relax...perched comfortably on the shaded vines...also to watch/defend their new found food supply...

Honored Contributor

Then there is the sit and slurp...

Honored Contributor

And relax, rest, but stand guard and defend!

Honored Contributor

More perch & slurp...