Frequent Contributor

Re: Spring into spring with LR

[ Edited ]

I shop with a few reputable online "flash sale" sites. I understand that by definition their quantities are limited, and when stock is very limited, they indicate how many items are left.  If I see something I like, I quickly add it to my cart.  I know it won't stay there forever, but there is a timer telling me how long I have to check out.

In contrast, LR often seems to have extremely limited quantities but never indicates how many of an item she has left.  Also, items do not stay in the shoppers' carts for any guaranteed period of time while they finish shopping or complete the checkput process -- they literally disappear while her customers are checking out.

Here's the thing: the online sites I visit have fantastic sale prices and quality, name brand items.  LR offers generic, low quality items and marks them way up!

No wonder her customers are upset with her "business" practices!

Super Contributor

I have a brillant suggestion.   Chats are usually opened with swiping, laugher, are we live yet and wait for it wait for it.  Why not wear a poncho and sing a tweaked version of Mr. Roger's song.  Won't you be mine, won't you be my friend.   I visualize the land of make believe friends wearing ponchos, a ton of tarnished jewelry and singing along.  

Contributor

Lisa and her items are not important enough for her to play games like this with the (dwindling) customer base she has.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sadie45 wrote:

I have a brillant suggestion.   Chats are usually opened with swiping, laugher, are we live yet and wait for it wait for it.  Why not wear a poncho and sing a tweaked version of Mr. Roger's song.  Won't you be mine, won't you be my friend.   I visualize the land of make believe friends wearing ponchos, a ton of tarnished jewelry and singing along.  

@Sadie45  And don't forget hair fiddling and face & neck scratching. But no more pressing on the lower lid since the eye surgery.

Trusted Contributor

Her regular shoppers are not aware that she offered her latest to a select group of customers.

They post and beg her to get more.  

She is shady and that's being kind.

Super Contributor

@alarmclock wrote:

Her regular shoppers are not aware that she offered her latest to a select group of customers.

They post and beg her to get more.  

She is shady and that's being kind.

Just curious. How does she do that?  Does she send emails to her loyal fans whom she knows how many orders they have placed. These are probably the ones that post so many pics of themselves displaying her "treasures" or wearing her ponchos or jewelry. 

Trusted Contributor

There is a private social media group and they were able to buy before everyone else.

Super Contributor

It doesn't get any better than a bunch of women in a cat fight over a tacky bag.   The same thing can be found on numerous websites at varying prices.   What was the frenzy about?    I believe some people have more money than intelligence.    

I don't understand why they haven't figured out the purses were items most likely found during inventory.  There may have been 3, 5 or 20 of the bags.  Who knows and why even care.   No way would i throw money to the fire buying and certainly wouldn't be in an upset state because i didn't get to order the thing.  

Good grief.  It keeps getting funnier. 

Trusted Contributor

Both of those bags were at least last year's designs.  She played with her "inventory" too.  If any other company did this, customers would have a fit.  

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank  you  for all you do for us.  Thank you for all the beautiful things you bring to us.  

Duh!  It's called being in business.  The sole purpose of offering products to customers is to turn a profit.  In plain simple words it means to make money, pad their pocket.       The companies are not your friend.  A particular company reminds me of a used car shyster.