Honored Contributor

Re: Spring into spring with LR

Wouldn’t have her stuff in my home if it were free.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I recently purchased two door wreaths from Grandin Road at 50% off with free shipping. Their spring wreaths are breathtaking and what a score. I can't wait for warmer weather to hang them.

I am done with my spring shopping for home items.

Honored Contributor

Threads about current events (which people are interested in) are deleted but these obvious advertisements live on.....go figure.

Honored Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

Threads about current events (which people are interested in) are deleted but these obvious advertisements live on.....go figure.

@DREAMON @On current events threads poster get nasty quickly and continue until the thread is poofed.

On the Beauty and Fashion boards posters are constantly talking about other stores and places to purchase items.

Just don’t post links to the other places.

i don’t see this thread breaking any standards.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@DREAMON wrote:

@DREAMON @On current events threads poster get nasty quickly and continue until the thread is poofed.

On the Beauty and Fashion boards posters are constantly talking about other stores and places to purchase items.

Just don’t post links to the other places.

i don’t see this thread breaking any standards.

@proudlyfromNJ ,

I think you are right...no name or info is given just initials.

Trusted Contributor

Not too sure what her strategy is with these night time offerings.  She must have all of three in stock.  All she is doing is turning her customers off.  What other retailer makes their customers race to buy something?  It's ridiculous.

Respected Contributor

I think LR is attempting to create some type of frenzy.  She definitely does not put out the entire inventory, so therefore everyone cannot purchase.  They in turn write and beg for her to get more because they were left out.  She then says she will see what she can do and miracle of miracles she is able to obtain additional stock.  What a gal!  She must be so important to have such bargaining power with various manufacturers.  If you believe that, I will sell you a bridge or two.

Why the tribe can't see through all that is anyone's guess.  However, I refuse to beg to purchase something that isn't all that great to begin with.  LR is a major game player and some day enough people are going to wise up and the game will be over.

Super Contributor

How many items does she actually have in stock.  There is no way items sell out in seconds.  There is a real scheme going on.    What's the deal.  Buy 3 or 4 so she can make her customers feel special when she gets more in stock.   Isn't there a name for this game she plays 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Most merchants on the web inform the customer of quantity on hand, particularly when the quantity is getting low.  No surprise there, they want you to make a decision to buy.  The businesses I ever dealt with don't make their inventory a secret.  Exclusivity has never made it a necessity to buy under pressure and sell outs only made me look elsewhere.  I am not privy as to why Lisa's customers are dedicated to buy only from her even if it's at an astronomical cost and when the items are available elsewhere for less.

Respected Contributor

Somebody mentioned in another similar thread about "connection". The tribe mentality actually think LR is their friend. Her selling technique is such that these people think they know her and she cares about them.  If you ever have absolutely nothing to do and really want to waste some time, check out her FB.  She does give the idea by answering their inane posts that she knows them and is concerned. 

Whereas, there is not that type of contact and communication with the CEO of QVC, Grandin Road, Macy's, etc. etc.  LR has the time to answer their questions and post pictures of the sunrises and sunsets. 

I give her credit for fooling so many people at once, but ultimately they are going to realize they can't buy everything she sells and support her indefinitely.  There will be a limit somewhere especially when they do go elsewhere and find an item at a more reasonable price.