Frequent Contributor

The coat is a winter polyester (microfiber) coat and washing instructions say to launder with a mild detergent..  I got some blush on the collar and will try this method tomorrow, but I am wondering if anyone has other suggestions if this does not work well.

And what is considered a mild detergent?

Honored Contributor

Re: Spot Clean Coat Collar

[ Edited ]

I would rub on some Dawn dishwashing detergent, the wash. It is formulated to remove oily residue.  Blush would be mixed with oil from your skin.

Poly is a plastic fabric. Dawn is made to use with plastic dinnerware.

You might want to wear a scarf with the coat in the future to keep the collar clean.

Honored Contributor

@maisiebrook ..........I use Dawn dish detergent on all spots on my clothes.  I wet the area, squeeze a small amount of Dawn on it and let it soak mostly for a day.  Every thing comes clean and no ruined fabrics.  I have stopped buying special laundry spot remover because Dawn works so well.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Cool Wash (cold water wash)

Honored Contributor

Have you tried these?

Amazon.com: Shout Wipes, Wipe and Go Instant Stain Remover, Laundry Stain  and Spot Remover for On-the-Go, 12 Wipes per Carton - Pack of 12 Cartons  (144 Total Wipes) : Health & Household

Respected Contributor

@maisiebrook      Try to spot clean the collar first.  No need to wash the entire coat.

Use a damp sponge or microfiber cloth witth just a drop of dawn, shampoo or laundry detergent.  Rub until the blush comes out.  Repeat if necessary.

Use a damp clean cloth or sponge to "rinse".  I hope this works for you.

Esteemed Contributor

For me, by the time something white has a spot, it is time to wash anyway.

I would just pretreat with your usual and wash with other whites.  Give it a good rinse too.