Contributor

Speed Queen Perfect Clean agitator question?

[ Edited ]

To anyone who has the perfect clean washer, how does the stationary agitator clean clothes?

Trying to decide between the perfect clean or classic clean.

Heard that the classic clean does a better job of cleaning clothes, but the perfect clean washers have more options.

I keep going back and forth.

Opinions needed.

Thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: Speed Queen Perfect Cleah agitator question?

[ Edited ]

Classic clean is based on their older top load model with an agitator that moves.  It does the best job cleaning.  

You can find out how well they clean by watching Speed Queen's agitator model that moves vs no agitator on Youtube.  There are two SQ dealers who demonstrate both. The agitator wins.

Speed Queen's agitator, though, doesn't come in two parts, both parts moving in different directions, unless they changed it for the 2021 model.  So, if interested also watch the comparison of Speed Queen and Maytag's Commercial washer released in 2018, the model made in the U.S. in the facility that makes washers for laundromats.  Notice how Maytag's two part agitator moves the clothing around much more than Speed Queen. 

Both are about the same price and receive high ratings; however, there are many buyers who swear by SQ, aren't familiar with the commercial Maytag so they don't know the difference.  

Occasional Contributor

Re: Speed Queen Perfect Cleah agitator question?

I purchased SQ classic about two years ago replacing what had to be the worst piece of junk Whirlpool ever made.  I want nothing to do with a stationary agitator. Sounds like an oxymoron to me. Love my SQ and it cleans excellent. Be careful you don't fall for a bunch of features you may seldom use. I purchased mine from a local family owned store and the sales person did an excellent job based on my Whirlpool complaints of telling me which settings to use routinely. For example, regulations require a low water option which in my opinion doesn't rinse well enough. I'd purchase another SQ tomorrow without hesitation. Good luck.

Contributor

Re: Speed Queen Perfect Clean agitator question?

To Graciesjoy

I heard that the classic clean only has 2 water levels, is this true?

Occasional Contributor

If you're referring to load sizes, no. There are three options being small, medium and large. It has had no issues handling my mudroom rugs which are good size. 

Contributor

Thanks for the replies.

But does anyone own the speed queen tr5 or tr7 washer?
If you do, how well do they clean and would you recommend them?

Thanks

Honored Contributor

@Ro wrote:

Thanks for the replies.

But does anyone own the speed queen tr5 or tr7 washer?
If you do, how well do they clean and would you recommend them?

Thanks

I have the TR5. I bought a speed queen becuz of this forum-got rid of my 2 yr old GE which had one thing after another go wrong.

I LOVE this washer. I got the one with the un-lock lid. I couldn't get into my GE to see how things were going or to add something I forgot. I HATE that. This one cleans, only has a hum for noise, and takes half as long to wash anything. And I can pull them out when finished and the clothes AREN'T IN KNOTS. I never had it so good.