Highlighted
Honored Contributor

DH had to run to the "big" city we didn't even know that their would be a storm. We had talked about what to do in the event. Down to the lower level w/pets. No prob w/dogs. Herding cats-not so easy. I was worried that the car would turn over.

He got home safely. Some damage to the roof w/leaking. He is fixing it right now. 

When the storm hit (news was calling it a tornando) I was so worried about him. Thankfully we are all ok.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Respected Contributor

Re: Some damage from the storm

What storm?  Can you give your location please?

Honored Contributor

Michigan-west side if the state. We were w/out power for 24 hours. For us that is not bad-we frequently lose power and that is the reason for our Generac.

Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

DH had to run to the "big" city we didn't even know that their would be a storm. We had talked about what to do in the event. Down to the lower level w/pets. No prob w/dogs. Herding cats-not so easy. I was worried that the car would turn over.

He got home safely. Some damage to the roof w/leaking. He is fixing it right now. 

When the storm hit (news was calling it a tornando) I was so worried about him. Thankfully we are all ok.

Glad you are both alright and not a lot of damage.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Michigan-west side if the state. We were w/out power for 24 hours. For us that is not bad-we frequently lose power and that is the reason for our Generac.

@Group 5 minus 1  We are having a Generac installed this coming Monday!  I am so excited to feel better about having the power out and  instead of having NOTHING...and now we will have lights, refrigerators...TV....computer.  It will cost about $18,000all together with the propane tanks installed...hookup and paperwork. 

How do  you like yours?.. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1  We are having a Generac installed this coming Monday!  I am so excited to feel better about having the power out and  instead of having NOTHING...and now we will have lights, refrigerators...TV....computer.  It will cost about $18,000all together with the propane tanks installed...hookup and paperwork. 

@SeaMaiden . Just wanted to say when we use our generator, we usually don’t have tv or internet as cable is usually out also. You may get your tv and internet a different way, but around here when electric is out so is everything else.

Honored Contributor

We really like our Generac. No regrets. Because we have a well the generator allows us to flush the toilet. Our freezers run. We have an antenna so no worrry about the satellite.

Honored Contributor

Forgot to add we cannot get cable,so we have a dish.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

@SeaMaiden . Just wanted to say when we use our generator, we usually don’t have tv or internet as cable is usually out also. You may get your tv and internet a different way, but around here when electric is out so is everything else.

@proudlyfromNJ   You are so right. Thanks for sharing!   I will see what is what I guess. Just knowing my food will not go bad which is a big worry will be comforting....but until we use it and learn  how it works I guess I will not know.  

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

We really like our Generac. No regrets. Because we have a well the generator allows us to flush the toilet. Our freezers run. We have an antenna so no worrry about the satellite.

@Group 5 minus 1 . Do you get internet with satellite? Am not familiar with it. 

We also have a well and a generator is a life saver because of that.