Honored Contributor

Soap Scum- Sink

[ Edited ]

Has anyone had any luck cleaning old soap scum from a bathroom sink? I have tried everything to clean the one here and it was not cleaned well when we moved in!    Nothing seems to work at all.Man Frustrated

* neither was the floor but that is a different matter lolMan Tongue

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Perhaps Dawn Powerwash? We seem to use this for everything!

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

Bar Keepers Friend.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

Vinegar will remove soap scum. I am bold how I use it. The internet is more cautious. I soak a towel or cloth and lay it on the area that has the scum. The internet says to dilute it 1:1 to avoid damaging the sink. I have not diluted it, but I may have just gotten lucky there was no damage.

Trusted Contributor

Two things I go to for hard jobs:  GP66 and Bio Cleaner, I buy both from QVC. I'm assuming you've tried Kaboom and/or Scrubbing Bubbles? Those normally take care of soap scum issues for me.

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Honored Contributor

Also use a Mr Eraser.

Valued Contributor

I would try borax.

Honored Contributor

I spray ZEP several times a week on and in my sink and shower  really no scrubbing at all - just let it work.  It is an industrial strenght bleach cleaner.

Honored Contributor

1139346xrecmhsb28.jpgThank you for the suggestions! I have tried vinegar and tried barkeepers friend. I think I didnt leave any of what I tried on long enough!!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Someone told me toothpaste is good to remove scum. I use it on my br sink,but the sink is mine and not that old. Hows about one of those Mr. Clean Erasers?