Honored Contributor

Small Bedroom Storage Solution

What do you think of the way they have used the space for a master closet?

Brilliant small bedroom design storage organization ideas (26)

Valued Contributor

Re: Small Bedroom Storage Solution

Very clever, but I think going up and down the ladder might get old. (or even a little dangerous if you get off balance.)

Honored Contributor

I like it - a practical use of space and a high ceiling! 

Honored Contributor

Okay for the young and agile but that ladder would be a problem for many of us.  Putting laundry away would be a nightmare, probably a 2 person job.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

The thought of climbing a ladder to get to my clothes is not at all practical for me.  While they found a storage solution which may work for them,  it is not at all workable for me.

Honored Contributor

It's a good idea, but I don't care for the ladder, it's a safety issue for anyone. 

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

I think it is a horrible idea. I can’t imagine anyone wanting to climb a ladder to get to their clothes. I know I would not use anything I put up there.

Esteemed Contributor

If you need the space, sure. I'm thinking off-season clothing. Teens would rather toss clothes on the floor than go to trouble to hang up. Wait - teens and husbands --- at least my husband, who is otherwise a decent fella. Anything that gives you more space is great.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Valued Contributor

I love it, but instead of a ladder I’d use a rod with a hook on the end.  Stores use them to reach clothes on upper racks. I’m still pretty agile, but I wouldn’t like that ladder. 

Honored Contributor

It's just not practical to have to climb up the ladder every time you want to get your clothes or hang them up.  I wouldn't have liked it when I was younger either.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau