Regular Contributor

I just looked at the directions for the adjustable bed.  There is no way I could put this up! I have a sleep number bed presently which I assembled, which took awhile, but wasn’t difficult. I would buy this adjustable bed, but I couldn’t put it together. Wish they had there white glove service for this one. Guess I’ll keep the one I have or perhaps get one from the sleep number store.

Occasional Contributor

I was thinking the same thing.  There is no way on this earth I could ever do this, it seems very daunting. I think for the price, assembly should definitely be included or at least an option.  I’m wondering how many of these they actually sell?  That’s a lot of money for the average person.  They are so expensive even with their “easy pay”.

Honored Contributor

Re: Sleep number bed

[ Edited ]

There are two SNB stores here locally. As expensive as they are, I would rather go to their store and see what my options are before buying. I'm sure that they offer delivery and set-up services for a fee. But I would gladly pay them for that, especially when dealing with an expensive item as this. Last I checked, the SNB stores were offering some kind of special financing for qualified buyers...12-mo. and 36-mo. interest-free financing on qualifying purchases.

Respected Contributor

I will post our experience regarding the bed, etc.  Over 6 months ago, we shopped at the local store for a bed with adjustable frame.  The sales person was very pushy and of course, their sale was ending the next day.  She also informed us that while the bed is returnable after the tryout period, the adjustable frame WAS NOT.  That's the most expensive part of the bed.  Her statement of "you can always sell it on ebay" did not sit well for us.  They also do not allow you to set up it yourself and charge $200 for the setup.  DH told her he had done the whole setup for someone else years ago and had no problems.  She stated you must pay the $200.

We came home and I shopped at QVC.  We found the same bed we were looking at in the store for $1500 less AND both the bed and the adjustable frame could be returned.  It was on 6 easy pays, and with only $55 shipping, it was a no brainer for us. 

Yes, it's still expensive over a 6 month period, but we still saved the $1500 plus tax and the $200 for setup along with knowing if we didn't like it, we could pay to return the whole thing.

It arrived within 5 days and it took my DH about an hour to do the adjustable frame and another hour for the bed.  We got the split king and can each set our own bed to whatever position we like.

The adjustable frame is made by a company called Leggitt (sp?); now if QVC will allow the frame to be returned, why can't the sleep number store do the same?  It makes no sense to me.

I'm not  trying to push anyone into purchasing at Q; just sharing our experience.  We are very happy with our bed and it was well worth it since both of us have back issues.

Occasional Visitor

Can you still  monitor your sleep online with the new bed

Occasional Contributor

Yes you can. I tend to use the app, my husband uses the remote. I can raise his head using my phone if he starts to snore and then set that setting as favorite so when he gets back into bed the next night, he can select favorite with the remote or using the button on the side of the bed frame.

I've had a sleep number for 15 years. We just upgraded to a cal king I8 with flex base 1 (adjust head independently). We purchased online at sleep number at the time of a sale prior to Christmas. We got free shipping & set up plus 48 months 0% interest. I've only had the new bed 2 weeks, so far so good. They did drop the ball on delivery. I was sent an email to confirm delivery date and time. 2 hours later, I was given another date a week later because they didn't have all my components. This was after we took our old bed down and discarded it so we could paint and shampoo carpets 3 days before expected delivery. Delivery delays are occurring to other customers too so be aware.

Also be aware, the 100 night trial is not free. You have to pay for return pickup of items.

I like the night light. When it senses that you've gotten up, the light comes on underneath the bed frame to illuminate the floor so no tripping over our dogs on the way to the restroom. It goes off when you get back into bed or times itself out after 10 minutes if you're getting up for the day.

As far as the adjustable frame not being able to be returned, it is true when purchaed through sleep number. However, the base will work with other mattresses too. But I'm wondering if the bases are allowed to be returned on QVC if it's because it's their version? I don't have the bars on my frame holding the end of the mattress. My frame has magnets. Just a thought...

New Contributor

I would like to tell you about the nearly $5,000 bed I bought as the TSV - but I cant.  They didnt ship all the boxes and I have called multiple times.  We literally have no bed.  I have so many boxes sitting in our room, but can put the frame together because we are missing an entire box.  No one at QVC seems to care.  Ive called for the past 3 days over and over again to be told it should ship Monday, then Tuesday, now Wednesday.  Still no confirmation email.  I am giving them 24 hours before I make them come take this bed back - though Im sure they will try to make me pay shipping.  It should be super SIMPLE to fix THEIR issue.  I dont remember their customer service being this poor.