Trusted Contributor

Sleep number bed- QVC "Gold Service" is the real deal!

I bought my Sleep Number bed from QVC about 3 or 4 years ago. They had a 20 year warranty & a special phone number just for QVC gold service customers. Today was the first time I called that number as part of the base unit had worn away. I checked on their website first & according to the warranty it looked like I would have to pay a percentage of the cost for the replacement part. The gentleman I spoke to told me they would have to replace the entire base unit as the parts have been redesigned and are better quality. He told me he would order it immediately. I said "hold on a minute. How much is this gonna cost me?" Imagine my surprise when he told me there was absolutely no cost & the items will be coming UPS in less than a week. 

I'm happy to say that the QVC warranty/gold service is for real! I am very pleased. And I love my bed! Before I got this I woke up every morning with a sore back. Haven't had a sore back since I found my "sleep number."

Honored Contributor

Re: Sleep number bed- QVC "Gold Service" is the real deal!

@Tribesters  It's good that they honor their warranty.  Will you be able to install the base unit?  I can't picture what that would be.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@NickNack

DH & I assembled the last bed so putting just the base together should be a breeze... They don't even want the old base back so probably it'll be more of a pain to get rid of the old than assemble the new. It's plastic so maybe it's recyclable? Either way we'all have to haul the pieces to the dump. There's probably at least 15 parts to the base unit. 

Respected Contributor

awesome!

that is good to know.   i have one on my to get list!

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Respected Contributor

I can't wait to get rid of mine.  I bought mine from the Sleep Number store years ago and they just wear out.  My mattress loses air, gains air and I'm adjusting it every night.  I can start on 50 and when I wake up it's on 5.

One of these days, I'll just say I had enough.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

I can't wait to get rid of mine.  I bought mine from the Sleep Number store years ago and they just wear out.  My mattress loses air, gains air and I'm adjusting it every night.  I can start on 50 and when I wake up it's on 5.

One of these days, I'll just say I had enough.

@Just Bling That's what happened to our old Comfortaire bed which was like Sleep Number. I guess the guys that were doing Comfortaire split & now one is doing Sleep Number beds.

We bought the Sleep Number after sleeping on the Comfortaire forvever. We had problems with the pump & had to pay our pro-rated portion. When it quit again we said we are not buying another one of those. We ended up putting the air how we wanted it on each side & put the plug in the hole so the air would stay. You could try using the plug to see how that works for you. Better then the losing air thru the night.

If we start having problems with the pump on our Sleep Number we will replace as long as they pro-rate & does not cost much. Once the price goes up I well research another brand pump to use with the bed. I have seen them online so I know they are available. You did not use to have that option.

I still like the air beds because it's the only way I can adjust so I can sleep. If the foams start wearing out you can unzip & replace them. You cannot do that on a regular mattress.

There are also vidoes on Youtube that may help you figure out how to fix the air leaking problem.