Occasional Contributor

I had been thinking seriously about ordering a Sleep Number bed.....However checking through the customer reviews......The reviews are terrible ! Am rethinking that purchase. Anyone have anything Good to say about them????

Re: Sleep Number beds reviews?

I am so very disappointed in QVC and their customer service.  I ordered the Sleep number split king bed on 1/31/2016 and per QVC data all 7 boxes were shipped on 2/13/2016 however I only received 5 of the seven boxes and the two missing are the foundation portion that connects to the adjustable bases to put the mattresses on.  Very much run around with QVC customer service on tracking the missing boxes everytime I talk to them I get a different story.  Needless to say I will probably never get to see how this bed feels as I am ready to contact them to return at their cost.

Esteemed Contributor

I love our Sleep Number bed. I have an older model that is a king but not the split version. It works great and such a bonus that we both have the mattress that we prefer. I need firm while my husband needs soft. It wasn't difficult to put together. If you can use an Aero bed you can put a Sleep Number bed in your room.I can't see having another type of mattress and I was a die hard Serta mattress lover for years and years.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KatWil, I've forwarded your information along to the team that works with Sleep Number. Someone from that team should be reaching out to you shortly.

Brittany 

Honored Contributor

There's a great web site called "sleeplikethedead.com" that reviews anything and everything sleep related, including mattresses.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wowza!  Just checked the price on the split king and was surprised.  But, if it works for you, great.

I have a queen and king SN bed bought several years back and I have them on high rise, poster beds.  They are still quite comfy and, I would consider buying another.  Although, I think the prices are a bit high now, I guess if you have it for 20+ years, it is worth it.

The queen was bought at a SN store, and the king was a QVC purchase.  

We originally bought it because our bedroom is on the second floor of our home and getting a king mattress and box spring up the steps was very difficult.  With everything coming in boxes, it made it so much more simple.  It was years after I bought my first that QVC began selling them.

Honestly, buying a mattress is so expensive and I'm never sure how to figure if it will work for YOU other than sleeping on it.

Overall, I think these are decent beds.  However, I would say that the inflate/deflate option is a bit overrated.  I've kept mine fully inflated as I like it firm.  But that's just me!

I also think the current beds are better.  Originally, they had a "mold" problem and when I contacted SN to report mold inside the cover, they were very helpful.  I don't think they've had that issue anymore.

Trusted Contributor

I did not get mine from QVC.  I've had it for about 15 years and it is just as good today as it was the day I got it.  I would purchase another one if I needed to replace it for any reason.  Mine is a queen with dual controls.  It is comfortable, supportive, and easy to clean and operate.  It is lightweight compared to regular mattresses so I can move it easily by myself, when inflated or when deflated, in order to clean underneath the bed.    

Esteemed Contributor

KatWil: That's why it's always best to buy from a local mattress shop where u can speak to a real person - if there's a problem. Before purchasing, u can also ask questions and check out various mattresses to be sure ur buying the right mattress.This is an expensive purchase and should never be ordered on-line.

Occasionally, people are happy with their on-line mattress purchases. Mostly, NOT!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I have a friend that bought a SN bed from the SN store a while back.  A few years later she and her husband were buying a new mattress because they didn't like it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau