Regular Contributor

They are ok - but I only buy when on sale/clearance since otherwise very overpriced.  The one thing I have noticed is that most of his candles have too many scents in them so when you get them...it smells nothing like you expected ( and not always in a good way).  Many end up smelling strange/ muddled/sort of burnt....so i recommend selecting a simple scent  

Trusted Contributor

I completely agree with this!

He's always talking about how "complex" his scents are and how there are so many different essential oils in each candle.  I have bought many candles from him and very few are smell like I expected them to.  I feel like a candle should smell like it's name; not like the 20 different oils that are put it into them.  I am always leary of buying apple scented candles from him because many of them have ended up smelling very floral, which is not the expectation from an apple candle.

However, I am happy that TJM, HomeGoods, HomeSense, etc. are selling Homeworx candles now.  I have been able to go into a store, smell a candle that I thought I'd like, and then put it down when it didn't smell the way I thought it would.  Lots of money saved by being able to do that!