Honored Contributor

Someone mentioned Christmas in July on the forums today. Here are some ideas for seniors or people who just want to keep it simple this coming Christmas.

a flocked spruce and ribbon candy ornaments hit a nostalgic note and happy hued handmade button garland and vintage candy tin base add simple homespun charm

an all white spruce serves as an eye catching foundation for sparkling snowflakes and pastel baubles and putz house accents and a sweet ice skate topper

mini christmas trees colorful

Honored Contributor

Looking at all 3 of them made me feel happy.

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Looking at all 3 of them made me feel happy.

@RetRN   I'm glad it gave you happy feelings!  I'm trying to have "cool" thoughts today as it is supposed to reach 98 degrees. Also, we plan on making Christmas a little easier for us this year.

Honored Contributor

Here's one more for those who like something more rustic:

a sparse alpine balsam fir channels a less is more mentality, while an antique copper pot anchors the display with metallic heft and bird and pine cone ornaments and a dried orange garland hit an organic note

Respected Contributor

@jubilant  That would do to the trick in my house !  Do you have any idea where I could purchase something like that? Thanks

Honored Contributor

@sarahpanda  No, I don't.  I think I would start with a little 3 ft. Christmas tree.  I would have the bulbs and I would think the rest I could get from Micheal's or some place like that. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I especially like the first one. 🎄🎄

Honored Contributor

I love the third one.

Honored Contributor

Simple is the best!  I love these small table-top trees (well, except for the white one).  As for the fourth tree, I made the dried orange slice ornaments one year for a tree that had all-natural ornaments.  They turned out pretty good, perhaps not as nice as I'd hoped.

Respected Contributor

@jubilant  The third one is delightful....just love it. Smiley Happy