Trusted Contributor

Re: Share your Fall decorating pics here!

Quoth the raven...

Ravens.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Very cool pics, @PeterDM!

Valued Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

My Mantel of Mercury Glass Pumpkins:

Modern pumpkins.jpg

BEAUTIFUL! What color are they unlit ? Silver?

Trusted Contributor

@country gal wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

Modern pumpkins.jpg

Yes, they are silver mercury glass (from Big Lots), and they are loaded with cool white mico lights on battery packs wth timers. Everything has a blueish tint, because I have the Philips Hue lighting system in my home.  This system allows me to control all my lightbulbs, along with whatever color I choose to make them, with my iPad.  In this case, the lights are all on blue.  It gives a spooky effect.

Valued Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

@country gal wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

Modern pumpkins.jpg

Yes, they are silver mercury glass (from Big Lots), and they are loaded with cool white mico lights on battery packs wth timers. Everything has a blueish tint, because I have the Philips Hue lighting system in my home.  This system allows me to control all my lightbulbs, along with whatever color I choose to make them, with my iPad.  In this case, the lights are all on blue.  It gives a spooky effect.

Big Lots this year? One of my fave places but I've only been there once earlier. Guess I need to go back.  I got the cutest light up MG owl there last year, no timer but thats fine. He was too darling to pass up!

Trusted Contributor

@country gal wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@country gal wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

Modern pumpkins.jpg

Big Lots this year? One of my fave places but I've only been there once earlier. Guess I need to go back.  I got the cutest light up MG owl there last year, no timer but thats fine. He was too darling to pass up!

@country gal, I purchased them last year, but they also had them this year.