Trusted Contributor

Does anyone use these candles?  They are a deal today on The Today Show.  $14.99 for the candle but $7 to sihp  Smiley Sad  Just wondering if they are good...

Honored Contributor

@MrsCat21 wrote:

Does anyone use these candles?  They are a deal today on The Today Show.  $14.99 for the candle but $7 to sihp  Smiley Sad  Just wondering if they are good...

@MrsCat21 . My daughter loves this brand of candles, and especially loves the Japanese Quince scent......

Super Contributor

Re: Seda France Candles

[ Edited ]

Chinese Peony.jpg

I purchased 4 of the Jardin du Seda candles - the ones that come in the ceramic container.  Scents were:  Asian Pear and Chinese Peony.  They were $55 each.

The scent is divine for both.  They are huge ceramic containers and when not in use, I have them as decorative accessories throughout my home. 

When lit, the scent is not overpowering....it's a "true" scent, not artificial like some candles are. 

What I don't like is that the more the wicks burn, they eventually emit a black smoke and it makes a cluster at the top of the wick. I then cut the cluster with scissors and when lit again, the cluster forms again.   I use the cover of the container to put out the wicks and you can see the black soot on the inside of the container cover.

For the money it costs for this particular candle, the wick and severe black soot issue is a deal breaker for me and I will not be purchasing them again.

Honored Contributor

@MrsCat21  No.  I use Aroma Naturals handmade in CA and scented only with essential oils.  Simply the best.

kindness is strength
Frequent Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@MrsCat21  No.  I use Aroma Naturals handmade in CA and scented only with essential oils.  Simply the best.

Sounds interesting @Katcat1 , thanks!

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative

Honored Contributor

@Snoofy  I have been using Aroma Natural candles for over 15 years.  They always offer a sale and/or free shipping around the holidays.  The candles smell so good.

kindness is strength