Respected Contributor

Just remodeled a small second bathroom.  Has tub with tile surround.  It used to have glass sliding doors but decided to do a shower curtain instead.  I have never hung a shower curtain.  All these years my bathrooms have had glass sliding doors.  So....is the shower curtain supposed to fall to the floor, just skim the floor or maybe right past the rim of the tub?  TIA!

Trusted Contributor

I like it to skim the floor, not touching it, but almost.

Honored Contributor

My guest room shower curtain almost touches the bottom of the tub but not quite. You do know that the shower curtain goes inside the tub - or if you have a liner that stays in the tub and the curtain goes outside.

Honored Contributor

@scraphappy wrote:

Just remodeled a small second bathroom.  Has tub with tile surround.  It used to have glass sliding doors but decided to do a shower curtain instead.  I have never hung a shower curtain.  All these years my bathrooms have had glass sliding doors.  So....is the shower curtain supposed to fall to the floor, just skim the floor or maybe right past the rim of the tub?  TIA!

Hi @ScrapHappy - We have a shower curtain in our hall bath. I like them to reach the floor. I have a curtain, and I buy a liner frequently. The liner goes on the inside of the tub, and the curtain on the outside. My curtain is a cloth-like material and I don't have to wash it much. My liner I replace a lot - I just get a new one at Target. I used to wash them with a few towels, but I decided to just buy a new one once in a while! The liners usually have weights in the bottom liner to hold them down. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I like to see part of my tub so my shower curtain goes half way down. It's a matter of preference.

I also use a shower liner which hangs inside tub.

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Respected Contributor

When we remodeled out bathroom four years ago,  I didn't want to go the glass shower door route.  Our contractors suggested we hang a curved shower curtain rod at 84 inches.  He said a lot of the bath remodels he had been doing this.  The decorative shower curtain touches the floor.  I use the polyester shower curtain liner inside the tub and wash it one about every six weeks and replace it completely each year.  Don't forget to factor in the shower curtain hooks or otherwise the shower curtain may puddle on the floor.  It's hard to find longer length shower curtains in the stores.  I had to go the BBB online store and Amazon to find any, but I love what we did.

Honored Contributor

I made my shower curtain to match the bedding in the adjacent bedroom out of a queen size flat sheet.  I had enough left over for a ruffle at the top.  The binding and finish that was at the top now forms the hem.   This is for a walk-in shower so it goes almost to the floor. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I put the vinyl shower curtain in the tub and it touches the bottome edge of the tub. Then I have the decorative shower curtain about two inches off the floor on the outside of the tub.

Respected Contributor

Standard shower curtains are 72x72 and they hang based upon where you put your bar.   The purpose of course is to keep the water in the tub and not on the floor so you would want to mount it so when its' inside the tub you're not stepping on it.  Hope that helps.

Valued Contributor

@ScrapHappy I just had my bathtub/shower redone. The shower curtain is half way down the outside of the bathtub.

What I really love is the curtain rod. I got a "curved/bowed one. It looks really nice with that type of rod...