Esteemed Contributor

I was thinking the same thing yesterday, as I watched the same presentation over and over again. QVC doesn't do much at all now with Royal Palace rugs. In the past, they had several different designs, colors and sizes. Now it seems they only have one TSV a year. Very disappointing. I agree, the colors (and style!) is the same old, same old. I have several of these already but wanted a smaller rug for in front of the fireplace.....in gold. I didn't vibe with the colors this time and the pattern was "tired". 

Honored Contributor

For anyone interested in the browns, I did notice they are offering just a couple of sizes of their "Fleur de Lys" rugs in a pretty brown they are calling "mocha":

https://www.qvc.com/Royal-Palace-7x9-Fleur-de-Lis-Wool-Rug-with-Scroll-Border.product.H210153.html?s...

Respected Contributor

Re: Royal Palace Rugs!

[ Edited ]

I purchased a Royal Palace rug years ago....a big one for our living room. Although, it was lovely, I grew tired of it quickly and gave it away after only a year or so.

It was far too busy for my taste. 

Honored Contributor

I would like to see some contemporary designs and different colors.  They seem to be stuck on a certain look.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I would like to see some contemporary designs and different colors.  They seem to be stuck on a certain look.

Exactly!!  I thought the TSV was a big disappointment, and frankly when I saw what they were offering I was a bit surprised.  I thought RP would be on top with a new design that suits the times.  

Valued Contributor

Re: Royal Palace Rugs!

[ Edited ]

@CANDLEQUEEN - I was hoping for some newer, updated styles too.  I have several of their hooked wool rugs that I have had forever (H18492 in olive, H164871 in black, H10314 in a runner) and one I had in my wish list years ago that I would still love to have (H146493 in black).

I find their older, non-hooked, wool rugs shed much, much less than their newer ones.  I have 2 oblong, octagonal ones that were a TSV probably 10 or 12 years ago that have never had any shedding.  They are all very good quality though and have lasted quite nicely.  I have a butterfly runner that sheds like crazy after several years and regular vacuuming (H202778 in a very dark charcoal).  It's annoying to keep picking up pieces of black fuzz...

It would be nice to have something in more neutral colors and a design other than traditional looking florals...  :-)