Respected Contributor

I don't have that brand but I have a robotic vacuum and never have I bought anything I love so much.   I hate vacuuming and the noise of vacuuming so it did not get done as much as it should.  Now I use it somewhere almost everyday.  I never open the bin and not be shocked at what is in there.   I know my floors and carpeting is so much cleaner now.  As soon as I find a good robotic mop I will get one of those too.

Respected Contributor

OK I just got one (TSV) it arrived yesterday, and I used it downstairs last night- Loved how it worked! Couldnt believe what i emptied! (I have 2 Sharks and an Oreck!)

Quick question- I am heading to work soon, so no time to download the manual right now, but can I just take the unit upstairs and use it without the charger?  Will it "KNOW" not to go down the stairs? Or do I need to set up the "virutal  wall" before I even try that ? and take the charger up eery timeI want to amually (not remotely) operate it?(means it will have to wait till Sunday! LOL!)

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: Our son gave DH and me one for ChristmasRoomba

@patbz But it sound like it'sdoing the job. But how do you keep everything out of the way ?

Trusted Contributor

im too picky with how i vaccuum lol alot of times i go over the same spot a few times.. i like to vaccuum i use to have a cheap vaccuum cleaner... than i got a shark from here and i was suprised at all it picked up! i'd rather do it myself.. i feel a sense of accomplishment when i'm done vaccuuming...

Honored Contributor

@bonnie f wrote:

im too picky with how i vaccuum lol alot of times i go over the same spot a few times.. i like to vaccuum i use to have a cheap vaccuum cleaner... than i got a shark from here and i was suprised at all it picked up! i'd rather do it myself.. i feel a sense of accomplishment when i'm done vaccuuming...

I'm picky. too.  But I love how the roomba can go under my chairs, dresser (all the way to the wall) and under the beds.

My vacuum will only go to a certain point underneath furniture.  And I do dry mop on cleaning days along with using the vacuum.

I feel that same *accomplishment* when my roomba does it's thing.  I love sitting out on the deck knowing my washing machine is going, the dishwasher is going and the roomba is going.  That's a great feeling.  They're all doing what they're supposed to be doing.  A good job.

Honored Contributor

Consumer Reports recommends using a regular vacuum cleaner to get your floors deep-down clean. They said most robots do not clean well and they require just as much maintenance as regular vacuums but at a much higher cost. Batteries, filters, brush rolls...all of these things cost more for a robot than they do for a conventional vac.