Honored Contributor

DH has wanted to get one for awhile but I thought it was too expensive.  But getting tired of the standard vacuum cleaner so what are the pros/cons?  Worth the money? TIA!!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I don't have one but friend who has upper shoulder and lower spine pain has one....she found it on Craig's List for $75 and absolutely loves it.  That's all I know............................buy one for hubby!

Valued Contributor

It is wonderful! I am surprised how well it cleans. I can hardly push my large vaccume so this has saved my back.. You do have to empty the container that catches the dirt often but that is no trouble. It does put some wear on the corners of some rugs so I put something heavy on the corners so it will go around them. I wouldn't want to be without it.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Our son gave DH and me one for ChristmasRoomba

Our son gave DH and me one for Christmas last year.  At first I wanted him to return it to Amazon but we love it.  You do need to clean out it's receptacle pretty frequently but it makes me feel like I'm in a Jettsons cartoon.

Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

DH has wanted to get one for awhile but I thought it was too expensive.  But getting tired of the standard vacuum cleaner so what are the pros/cons?  Worth the money? TIA!!

Well worth every penny, I have carpeting all over the house, and it works miracles. Mine was a gift, but I thought about getting it, but didn't know you could use it on carpet. I don't find the clean out any problems at all. I have a shop vac in the basement, one swish across and it's clean. Buy it you'll love it. Mine came from Bed Bath and Beyond. My sister has one that scrubs floors and loves it. I'm on O2  24/7, so to say it's wonderful, it is. 

Respected Contributor

My main complaint is it's path is random. That means sometimes it hits the kitchen well and sometimes it just makes a pass.

Respected Contributor

I love my Roomba.  I didnt get one for years because I thought it wouldnt work very well, but it does.  Its fabulous on hardwood floors and for carpeting with decent pile.  I do have sort of a flat pile rug in my family room and thats the only room it doesnt do very well.  All in all it does very well.  You do have to keep an eye on it and empty the bin when the red light comes on and once in awhile it gets stuck or tangled in something but otherwise perfect and it does a great job.  And, I love the way it docks itself when its done and charges itself.  Fun

Trusted Contributor

If you have a pet that might leave any form of a "gift" - from either end...do NOT use a Roomba.  Roomba will make sure that gift keeps on giving...and in a random path all over your house.  It will go over & over & over the "gift" spreading its joy everywhere!  Just something to think about.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

@traveler wrote:

My main complaint is it's path is random. That means sometimes it hits the kitchen well and sometimes it just makes a pass.

@traveler   I agree and because the path is random sometimes it will go over the same spot more thn once and leave other spots that need pickup.

Honored Contributor

@Havarti wrote:

If you have a pet that might leave any form of a "gift" - from either end...do NOT use a Roomba.  Roomba will make sure that gift keeps on giving...and in a random path all over your house.  It will go over & over & over the "gift" spreading its joy everywhere!  Just something to think about.

@Havarti   OMG!  This happened to us!  Our dog is getting older & left a "gift" on the dining room area rug...she had never done that before.  We had the Roomba scheduled to go off at a certain time several days a week and didn't know about the accident.  Well Roomba spread it all over the dining room area rug!...what a MESS!  UGH!  We rolled the rug up and threw it out. 

Roomba was professionally cleaned so it's fine now but we no longer have it scheduled to go off.  I use it as needed and make sure everything in its path is clear.