Esteemed Contributor

Rock Garden Decor - anyone have a rock garden on their property?

What's in your rock garden? Three years ago we bought a home with an abandoned rock garden on the edge of our property. Deer roam free in our neighborhood so our courtyard and vegetable garden are fenced in but rock garden is not. THE PHOTO BELOW REMINDS ME OF OUR ROCK GARDEN IN SIZE, ROCKS AND SIMPLICITY. I'm wanting to make our garden more interesting. Spring project. What do you enjoy about your rock garden or rock gardens you've seen? Thank you     20+ Beautiful Rock Garden Ideas On A Budget | Front yard landscaping design,  Rock garden landscaping, Rock garden design

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Rock Garden Decor - anyone have a rock garden on their property?

Our entire yard back and front is rocks. Few people do anything but rock in Arizona. It's pretty but the grass would be a pain to keep up. 

Super Contributor

GURL...  YAS... I want that rock garden in my yard.  Beautiful.  Make BIGGER.  YAS.

20+ Beautiful Rock Garden Ideas On A Budget | Front yard landscaping design,  Rock garden landscaping, Rock garden design

Honored Contributor

The rock garden pictured is very pretty.  I like to see Hen & Chicks in them.  For some reason, I think of rock gardens as being on a slope.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Deer seem to ignore many of the smaller ornamental grasses.  Lot of variety in color to choose from too.

Super Contributor

Very pretty!  This spring I'm making a garden in a big hollow log that fell in my yard last summer.  I've seen them on websites and they look so cute!

Man plans. God laughs.
Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

Our entire yard back and front is rocks. Few people do anything but rock in Arizona. It's pretty but the grass would be a pain to keep up. 

@Meowingkitty    Me, too..........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi@Meowingkitty.  Me three.  Its not that mowing grass is so difficult; it's that the water required for GROWING grass is so precious and expensive.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi@Meowingkitty.  Me three.  Its not that mowing grass is so difficult; it's that the water required for GROWING grass is so precious and expensive.

@Kachina624    We had "a little" rain tonight (finally).   Flag is expecting FEET of snow...........are you next????    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi. It might rain tomorrow (dubious) and it might snow Tuesday (more dubious). We had snow last week but the 60mph winds coming through Tijeras Canyon in the East Mountains was so strong, it blew t h e snow away.  That happens here a lot.   Always so disappointing for me.