Frequent Contributor

Please tell me your experience with the HydroHose as I am thinking of purchasing it. Is the water pressure good? Ease of handling? Thanks!!

Esteemed Contributor

Unless they've changed the quality of the hose and the reel since my experience (four years ago), the best thing I can say is that I still have and like very much the watering nozzle which came with the unit.

The hose burst three times before I gave up. Each time the company replaced it, but enough is enough. The reel was never any good and I found myself not using it. Do yourself a favor and check out the Featherweight Slim Hose. I'm a small woman and effortlessly haul the 100 foot version of this hose around. It weighs slightly less than 10lbs (shorter lengths weigh even less). I am completely satisfied with the performance and quality of this hose. I tend large gardens for multi-unit residential buildings and the hose can handle high water pressure and sprinklers. I purchased mine from Gardener's Supply Co., but Plow & Hearth, Amazon, and other retailers sell the it.

The other hose not to fall for is that Ultra Pocket Hose thing. Because I'm a curious sort for new things, I tried one of those last year. The Pocket Hose can't handle any water pressure slightly above a trickle. Bed Bath & Beyond was willing to replace the split hose each time, but after a few attempts one just has to write something off as being no good.

Trusted Contributor
On 3/8/2014 Trix said:

The other hose not to fall for is that Ultra Pocket Hose thing. Because I'm a curious sort for new things, I tried one of those last year. The Pocket Hose can't handle any water pressure slightly above a trickle. Bed Bath & Beyond was willing to replace the split hose each time, but after a few attempts one just has to write something off as being no good.

I've got a complete different experience with the Pocket Hose. I bought two also at Bed Bath & Beyond and absolutely love them and have had no problems with them splitting or not working as advertised. I use one in the front of the house and one in the back and they both got a lot of use last year without any issues. I took them in for the winter but am planning on using them again this year.

Super Contributor
On 3/8/2014 Trix said:

Unless they've changed the quality of the hose and the reel since my experience (four years ago), the best thing I can say is that I still have and like very much the watering nozzle which came with the unit.

The hose burst three times before I gave up. Each time the company replaced it, but enough is enough. The reel was never any good and I found myself not using it. Do yourself a favor and check out the Featherweight Slim Hose. I'm a small woman and effortlessly haul the 100 foot version of this hose around. It weighs slightly less than 10lbs (shorter lengths weigh even less). I am completely satisfied with the performance and quality of this hose. I tend large gardens for multi-unit residential buildings and the hose can handle high water pressure and sprinklers. I purchased mine from Gardener's Supply Co., but Plow & Hearth, Amazon, and other retailers sell the it.

Thanks Trix. I will check out the FWH. I am tired of dragging around heavy n cumbersome vinyl hose.
Respected Contributor

If you are talking about the hose that winds up flat on a reel, we bought three of them years ago for each outside water source. Use them all the time for watering plants and gardens. I have had to replace a hose once, and DH made a repair to another. The batteries wear out too soon, but winding by hand is not that much of a chore. Was glad to get rid of long heavy rubber/vinyl hoses. It's your choice.

Honored Contributor

I bought one year's ago. I remember it working okay. I like a regular spiral hose best. It is about six feet long and goes up to fifty feet. I've tried every hose going. Flat hoses don't have enough pressure. The pocket hose didn't make it a month before it was leaking everywhere.

Respected Contributor

My rechargeable Hydrohose is probably at over 5 years old. It held its charge forever. Only had to charge it once. I don't leave it out in the winter which is probably why charge last so long. I winds well. Water pressure is good, but I wouldn't expect to power wash a car with it. The material of the hose does get dirty and stained, but that does not bother me.

Now it is not a heavy duty hose and I use mine in front of the house where most of planters/pots are. You do need to be careful in not snagging the hose on sharp objects or the hose will get damaged. Really it depends upon what your need is.

I have a hydrohose heavy duty winder for the back of the house. We supply our own hose for that unit. I believe I have put 100 feet of hose on it. The heavy duty winder is not battery operated, but winds automatically based on hydropower.

Respected Contributor

I bought their other wind up hose years ago and that didn't last long. I have bought so many hoses over the years and they always kink even the more expensive ones. I seem to be replacing hoses every year and it is getting old. I have hundreds of flowers to water each summer and I dread it. I usually leave the hose out and not wind it up just to save time. I have tried all of them. Most of the time they leak from the faucet even though I replace the washers.

Honored Contributor
If your hose leaks at the faucet, get an inexpensive roll of Teflon tape in any hardware store and wrap a short piece around the threads of the faucet. Problem solved!
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment