Honored Contributor

Re: 🎹 🎹 Repurposed Piano 🎹 🎹

It is a good idea for a musician but I prefer to keep things as they should be...repurposed just isn't my thing.

Respected Contributor

Neat! I saw something on Maine Cabin Masters where the cabin owners had an old piano (not a baby grand or anything fancy) that had belonged to a parent, but none of their children or grandchildren played. The Cabin Masters removed the keyboard, cleaned it up and mounted it over one of the doors. It looked pretty good!

Respected Contributor

Hopefully, this home also includes a keyboard that can be played!

Honored Contributor

No,it doesn't change my mind. And it is ugly.

Don't know your age,but in the 50's every thing was "repurposed". My Mom painted everything green. Her beautiful cedar chest which was a gift from Daddy in 1934 she painted green. I refinished it and went back to the original wood. Inside the chest is a little about the chest on the wood.

No it doesn't change my mind. I still think it is ugly.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm all for repurposing, but I don't like this at all.  Even if the piano was broken beyond repair, I'd prefer to keep it as it's whole self.  

Honored Contributor

Very creative!

Honored Contributor

Check on what it would cost you to repair an old piano and get it back into playing condition.  This will suddenly become a more logical option.  

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

No,it doesn't change my mind. And it is ugly.

Don't know your age,but in the 50's every thing was "repurposed". My Mom painted everything green. Her beautiful cedar chest which was a gift from Daddy in 1934 she painted green. I refinished it and went back to the original wood. Inside the chest is a little about the chest on the wood.

No it doesn't change my mind. I still think it is ugly.

@Group 5 minus 1 

Okay.

Ugly is different from "sad."

Honored Contributor

No. Regardless of the whys and wherefores I have no interest in a baby grand piano being converted to shelving and wall art... None at all... Repurposing can and usually does go too far... It certainly did here...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Now thta's different but I like it.