Honored Contributor

'Coastal' with a More Tropical Vibe...

This decorator apparently does a good bit of work in the Caribbean and, at least in this instance, offers a different take on beach or resort decor that's more in keeping with what some would consider an island look. In place of more transitional pieces and blues, which are more consistent with a 'coastal' look, are more eclectic pieces in shades of corals and soft greens, colors that I like a lot... This is a look I can embrace, though I realize others prefer a more typical coastal look... Regardless of individual tastes, this room has great bones...

shome_image002_RGB_1050x700.jpg

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Re: 'Coastal' with a More Tropical Vibe...

[ Edited ]

I'm  ready to relax and enjoy a libation made with melons or pinkgrapefruit or meyer lemon.

Love to see the beach .

Honored Contributor

I like it

The peacocks are stunning

Honored Contributor

I think this room is lovely!  I don't know if I get a coastal feel from it but no matter, it is appealing.  The pink chairs are so pretty and the room is spacious and light.  I would probably change a couple of things, nothing major.  The side tables by the window fit my taste and I love the windows, their placement and size.The wall color is just lovely.  All in all this room is a winner and a big yes for me.

Respected Contributor

I love the wall color!  I also like the lightness of the room, it is very feminine.  

Esteemed Contributor

Not sure I like the three chairs in front.  But I like everything else about the room, especially the wall color.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

@stevieb - I'll be honest with you.  That's my kind of room.  I love it! It is spacious, has relaxing looking furniture, pleasant colors everywhere that I would never have thought to put together myself, a great chandelier, exotic-looking wood furniture, some with inlay (or so it seems), and interestiing peacock statues by the large curved window.  Peaceful and tranquil. Light and airy. I would love to sit and drink tea in that room and read a book there, too.

Honored Contributor

I love the colors used in this room but, not being a beach person, I could do without the pineapple and palm plants and especially the peacocks, with which I have an adversarial relationship.  I once had a bedroom with walls done in this coral color.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@stevieb Kind of pretty. Nice to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. Don't like that style of chair at all but could live with them for a visit.

Honored Contributor

Kinda junky and all those pillows!

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man