Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Relaxing Corner...

[ Edited ]

@itsmetoo wrote:

@stevieb 

I love this, especially the chair, ottoman and one of the pictures. Does it indicate where you can purchase any of these items?

@itsmetoo  There was no resource information available. This was a shot from a private home, so I suspect the art items belong to the owners, but the furniture is probably available somewhere. If I come across a source, I'll post it for you. So often things featured in magazine layouts have to be ordered through a decorator, which is a shame...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Thanks for all the interesting comments. In particular there seems to be a bit of a divide on the window... I do agree with those who find it a bit heavy and, perhaps, a bit dated, but I like it anyway... I love the color and the draperies, but do think the window would be improved either with a less fussy valence, pretty though it is, or no valence at all... I do like the juxtaposition of the tortoise shell look of the bamboo shade with the other higher end elements. While I can see why some would think it's a 'disconnect, somehow it works nicely for me...

Smiley Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@itsmetoo wrote:

@stevieb 

I love this, especially the chair, ottoman and one of the pictures. Does it indicate where you can purchase any of these items?

@itsmetoo  There was no resource information available. This was a shot from a private home, so I suspect the art items belong to the owners, but the furniture is probably available somewhere. If I come across a source, I'll post it for you. So often things featured in magazine layouts have to be ordered through a decorator, which is a shame...

Smiley Wink

Thank you for replying, @stevieb . It is such a lovely corner. I find the drapes a bit heavy for my liking but love the color of them. I'd love to snuggle up with a good book in that room!

Respected Contributor

I can relax one they get rid of those awful red drapes! Not relaxing as is!

Respected Contributor
I can appreciate this cozy corner. I like it all.