Honored Contributor

Re: Recs for a fine mist vaporizer, please!

@HLP wrote:

I have had 3 vaporizers, and got rid of them because they just put out too much vapor and made my furniture ans bed clothing damp. Is this one better, as to mist the air and not everything in the room. I will look at it on Amazon. Thanks for telling about it, I buy a lot from Amazon, since I'm home bound.

And that reminds me.   When my old humidifier died, the new one has an adjustable dial.   I run it on low during the day and bump it up a bit at night.   I don't run mine when the outside humidity is 40% or higher.

Right now we are under 20%   Look for one with an adjustable dial.  I use the Vicks filter-free

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It also helps to buy a separate humidity gauge. They don't cost very much, like maybe less than $20. Look for 'hygrometer' and they usually come with a thermometer as part of the unit. I have a digital one from Walmart. I got it because the one that is on my Air Innovations humidifier is so far off it's not even funny.

Humidity levels in a home should never exceed 50% for extended periods of time. Damages from condensation will happen. Optimal levels should be around 40 to 50 percent for health and comfort.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman  I would look at Walmart, Target and Walgreens to check models and prices.  You don't need to spend more than $50.  You can find a good one for $30.  Go for a brand name like Vicks, Holmes, etc. and get filter free.  Cat Very Happy  P.S.  Pick out one that is quiet with ultra sonic.  You won't hear a thing.  I clean mine once a week with bleach and water.  Read your instructions for care.

kindness is strength