Honored Contributor

hqdefault.jpg

A change of pace.  No doubt some here are familiar with this adorable couple, who love to decorate seasonally.  He, Joseph, is known for his intricate Christmas decorating in particular.

I thought it was so fun to see him do a "make-under" after all the excesses of the holiday.  He uses simple yard materials and items he has painted or re-purposed, to make a calming winterscape in their cozy living room.

hqdefault.jpg

This video below shows him at work, and is especially pleasing to lovers of traditional decor, I think.  Bonus-- you get to see the homemade soup and omelet that was lovingly made for his lunch break!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAqvZkpUeSo

Honored Contributor

Re: RELAXING POST-HOLIDAY DECOR

What a cutie he is!

He has a good eye.  Perfect balance, proportion, and height on the mantel.

Some other good ideas, too.

Thanks, @Oznell for sharing.

Honored Contributor

Love the Christmas to winter transformation.  I use a lot of pinecones and greens, and branches, and candles in my Christmas decor so when I morph into winter I do a lot of the same things seen in the video.

Respected Contributor

I also decorate with pine cones and greens. I also use red berries from our bushes. That and candles in the windows are my favorites. Oh and snow ladies and snowmen. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like their drive "down the shore"...very NJ.  Plus I find him to be very with it doing the half tuck in the no cost pine cone decor video (I also have a lot of pine cones in my yard that I use for decorations)!  Haha!  I'm wondering if he knows that's a fashion thing or he's just being a guy. 

I've never seen them before and took a quick look at his videos...OMG!  Wow! a bit over the top with decorations but I will enjoy watching them since it's not me doing all of that work! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed the video very much.  It is always interesting how you can decorate a room with little cost and fuss.  While I lean toward formal and elegant design, I appreciate all ideas whether or not they are within my taste zone.  Decorating with pine cones and branches is a perfect transition from Christmas decor.  Also I love the fact he put a curtain on the window,  I think curtains add warmth to a room.  Thanks, Oznell, for sharing this fun video!!!!!

Honored Contributor

And for anyone interested, here's the second video, the one where he continues his "winterscapes" into the dining room, family room, kitchen, etc.   Love this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUqZkZji6TI

Respected Contributor

He's delightful!  Just watched both videos -- they gave me just the lift I needed.  Thanks, @Oznell !

Honored Contributor

He is a pleasure to watch..and talented. Love his personality. He seems like such a nice guy.

Honored Contributor

He struck me exactly the same way, @vsm and @DREAMON --  they seem like such a sweetheart couple, and he creates wonderful videos....