Honored Contributor

The house is nice, but anytime I see these shades of blue, I'm not interested anymore.  

Honored Contributor

WOW!  Just WOW!!!

I love Steven's work and the spaces as well! 

The only thing that never draws me in is turquoise in a kitchen, which we had from the time I was seven years old until the 1960's. I'm sure it was a "hot" color, it just never resonated with me, I couldn't stand it!

Valued Contributor

If anyone is looking for me I will be in the kitchen in Zurich.

Esteemed Contributor

Most of it is nice but not what I would want in a designed home.  There were some beautiful pieces of furniture and decor items located throughout that I loved.  My favorite room was the Zurich kitchen.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

All rooms are so well done.

I am all for bright, clean, and airy but that Zurich Kitchen is fantastic!

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I wish I had that talent.  Just wondering - in the library with the blue door - did he recover all the books with a white book cover?

@Puppy Lips  and @Oznell  I have the same question about the books.

@PA Mom-mom @Oznell @Puppy Lips

I cherish books.  To me, if you don't like the way books look, don't have books!  Woman Embarassed

Honored Contributor

@Oznell  I figured out what bothered me about the first room. Most of the time when you have huge windows like that, you take the normal sized furniture and put it in a group away from the windows and often around a fireplace. 

If you google the Downtown Abbey interiors, you see that.  My image of massive windows in big houses is not of a regular room's furniture in front of them.

Honored Contributor

Re: RAMBLING HAMPTONS HOUSE

[ Edited ]

Preferred aesthetics are purely personal. It appears to be comfortable and I like certain elements, but overall, nothing strikes me as exceptional about this decor, nor am I seeing much that reads to me as warm or cozy. Too many more contemporary elements and too much blue for me to really like this one. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

My favorite rooms are the first living room and the library. I like warmth in home design so I prefer and love all the spaces in the Zurich house. The entry is especially appealing to me.

Respected Contributor

I love the first living room because I love blue...but the sofa color is too " powdery" blue. The  Zurich entryway...love everything about it.