Honored Contributor

At least, I think it's in North or South Carolina!  Am guessing, since the design firm Amber Interiors whimsically dubbed this project "Going to Carolina" in their portfolio.  But it does look like it could be woodsy North Carolina, maybe Cashiers or Highlands or Asheville?

Just love the materials finishes and integrity of this kitchen. That sink, and the scored, integrated drainboard.  All the stone and wood together in this room, just soothing.

Lonesome-1485-Edit-scaled.jpg

And below, this is a glimpse into a butler's pantry (there's wine storage),  or just a regular old pantry?   What a neat adjunct to the kitchen!

What are your thoughts on interior glass walls or transoms?  I think in this application they are great.

Lonesome-870-scaled.jpg

The whole house is a rustic dream....

Lonesome-532-scaled_700x914_acf_cropped.jpg 

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

Love the Butler's pantry.  I have friends who are fortunate enough to have butler's pantries and some have bars just outside.  I am not jealous but I wish I had that amount of storage in my pantry.

Honored Contributor

Re: CAROLINA KITCHEN

[ Edited ]

As always, love the windows inviting the woods/light into the room....a pantry is always welcome addition, and that huge sink, you can really get the job done!  The stove integrates beautifully with the rest of the kitchen. The interior glass adds to the illusion of space.  Subtle and successful low-key style. 

Honored Contributor

I like everything about this kitchen.  I love the transom windows in old buildings.  If I were to  design and build my dream home it would have transom's.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

If the light is really needed, I guess the transoms are ok.  I'm not a fan but I'm tired of transoms in my home.

Honored Contributor

Re: CAROLINA KITCHEN

[ Edited ]

I do like this kitchen.

Transom and glass in a home are very appealing to me. The stone, wood,  transoms...I like all of it.

Esteemed Contributor

What a beautiful kitchen -- beautiful home!  Looks like they have a nice view as well.  

Honored Contributor

The house seems to have very nice windows...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor
The windows in this home are beautiful. The kitchen is nice but wouldn't be anything I would want for myself. I would love having this butler's pantry and the windowed doors and transom look windows at the top of the wall add a lot of character but I would tire of it easily
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Not fond of this kitchen.  This kitchen "feels cold".  I can't imagine cooking in there with all of the cold white.

Right now kitchens are white which is the thing.

I almost get an industral feel here.Smiley Sad