Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom   Such needle skills!  I think the pattern and colors are perfection.  Thank you for posting.

Esteemed Contributor

Your usual beautiful work!  Do you purchase your quilting supplies locally or by mail order?  I am sure your quilts are treasured by everyone who receives one.  

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT ,I am usually lucky enough to find something local.  The fabric stores seem to be closing in the last ten years.  There are a few steady suppliers here in the city.  I will do a day trip to nurseries and fabric stores in the summer/fall months and usually find something.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

OMG this is beautiful. Your hands are magic. Stunning. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@January121 , it is for my sister in law’s cottage so I am happy to hear you say that!  LM

@Lilysmom ... your sister-in law is a lucky lady ... she’s going to love it !!!!!

Valued Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@Kachina624 , here is a sneak peak at this year’s quilt project.  I have just started the border which you see at the bottom section of the quilting frame.  

I am debating whether I will finish this before the garden gets going.  I have been crazy busy these past couple of months and I am planning a trip in the next ten days.  I could put it away until late Fall or put a drive on and get it done now.  I hate unfinished projects.

Pinch out for a closer look.  LM

67D2F6CC-4C48-4699-ADAA-7056552FD689.jpeg

Wow! Gorgeous @Lilysmom!

You're so talented!

Love this.

Esteemed Contributor

@spindlegirl , thank you!  

One of our fabric stores had a sale this weekend so I went over this morning and was lucky enough to find next year’s project.  It has a butterfly theme so it will keep me thinking garden in the winter.  I went through the entire fabric selection and found only one I liked.  I changed handbags yesterday and forgot my wallet.  I usually keep $100 cash around so it saved me today.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

I have dabbled in a bit of arts and crafts over my many years.  All I can say is that your stitching is PERFECT.  I haven’t had the interest in doing anything for a number of years, but I am doing my research on wool appliqué.  I have books on it, and a great deal of wool.  Too much going on now, but I may try my hand in that come the fall.

Honored Contributor
@Lilysmom, gorgeous quilt. My mom quilted, I have a niece who does beautiful work also. I was not given that talent, wish I had been.
"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

@Lilysmom 

Your quilt is gorgeous.  I love the colors & style.  I may not have a beach home but I'll take it anyways  Smiley Wink

Can't wait to see the finished product.  I'm sure it will be even better upon completion.  You're very talented.