Honored Contributor

Question about sheets for my adjustable bed.

We recently purchased an adjustable bed.  It's a CalKing, which is essentially two twin mattresses side by side.

I purchased twin mattress covers and twin fitted sheets so that we'd each be able to adjust our beds to our liking. I plan on using a king sized top sheet and comforter, but the beds themselves need to be dressed separately so that they can operate independently. 

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 8.56.53 PM.png

The mattress covers fit, though it was a struggle, but the twin sheets were impossibly short.

Can someone shed light on this? Is there a special size sheet I should be looking for?

Thank you.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Question about sheets for my adjustable bed.

@house_cat.  I would measure the mattresses and look for sheets that match your mattress size.  Is it possible they're made longer for adjustable bed?  You can get the standard mattress sizes online.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

California King is 4 inches longer than a regular king  is not equivalent to two twin mattresses. You probably need Twin XL sheets.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@house_cat 

I did a search and many places carry specific sheets and bedding for your adjustable bed. Something to consider when using one CalKing comforter or blanket. 

If one side of the bed is raised at the foot and head of the mattress you may have issues with too little blanket coverage for both of you. I hope this makes sense. 

Regular Contributor

You'll need to purchase twin XL sheets for the split adjustable bed.  They fit perfectly.  You can also buy sheet sets for the dual adjustable king beds which include two twin XL fitted sheets, one king flat sheet and two king pillow cases.  Bed Bath & Beyond and Kohl's both carry dual adjustable king sheet sets.  QVC may carry them as well.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

You may try twin XL sheets that are made for extra long twin beds mainly at college for those over 6 feet. Check the measurements or search on Amazon specifically for bedsheets for split California King beds.
Frequent Contributor

On our mattresses the twin XL fit mattresses best. The rest of bedding is king sized. It is a workout to change the sheets on the bed for sure. 

Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

California King is 4 inches longer than a regular king  is not equivalent to two twin mattresses. You probably need Twin XL sheets.

Thank you.  Until this thread, I had no idea there was a size called TWIN XL.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@house_cat 

I did a search and many places carry specific sheets and bedding for your adjustable bed. Something to consider when using one CalKing comforter or blanket. 

If one side of the bed is raised at the foot and head of the mattress you may have issues with too little blanket coverage for both of you. I hope this makes sense. 

Yes. It makes sense.  Fortunately (or maybe not), we're rarely relaxing in bed at the same time.  I go to bed early to read and unwind, so by the time DH comes to bed my mattress will be lowered.  It is a complication that I hadn't thought of ahead of time, though.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AnnieBelle wrote:

You'll need to purchase twin XL sheets for the split adjustable bed.  They fit perfectly.  You can also buy sheet sets for the dual adjustable king beds which include two twin XL fitted sheets, one king flat sheet and two king pillow cases.  Bed Bath & Beyond and Kohl's both carry dual adjustable king sheet sets.  QVC may carry them as well.  

Thank you! I had no idea.  We're heading to BBB today to take a look.

~ house cat ~