Honored Contributor

Yes, another white kitchen but for me the somewhat unique bar stools, shirred shade lighting and pretty Roman shade window covering kick it up a notch...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb Clean, light and airy!  What is for supper?

Honored Contributor

@Boomernichols  I haven't decided yet but it might be delivery. Would be a shame to mess up the kitchen! Woman Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb It would be a shame to dirty it up,  delivery works!

Trusted Contributor

I like painted white kitchens. But it wasn't always so. In the late 80's husband was transferred to Atlanta and we put a house under contract that was about 1/3 of the way finished. We were living in an apartment and I would go over almost daily to check on the ongoing construction of the house. The beautiful raw wood cabinets had been put in and I assumed they were going to be stained just as I had seen in the model home and in some of the other homes for sale in the development. Well, there was a miscommunication. I go over one day and they had been painted white. 😲 I was stunned...and so disappointed! We let it go and in the end I was oh so glad. I ended up absolutely loving them and had painted white cabinets installed in the next home we built too. 

This white kitchen is truly lovely!

Honored Contributor

Since I do not meet the NBA height requirement, I would need a ladder to reach the top cabinets.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Love it, I love a white cabinet kitchen !!!

Honored Contributor

Pretty Kitchen ..I think the stools are a perfect addition. I love them.

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac   I have never understood why kitchens are built by and for tall men. Most kitchens are not set up for women, especially those of us who are not tall.

At my tallest, I was 5' 1 1/2 ". Now, after losing a couple of inches, I'm less than 4'11".

I always had to climb up onto a chair to reach tall cabinets. I no longer do that. I have to have my son or husband reach for me.

I also have one of those grabber tools that works for most things, when the guys are not around.

My youngest daughter no longer has a kitchen table, just the island counter and high stools. I can not get comfortable sitting on a high stool, neither can my oldest daughter.

What's up with this obsession of getting rid of  kitchen tables?

I would not be able to cook or bake without my table. Counters are too high for me to work on.

To me, the high stools are too trendy.

It would be nice if kitchens with high cabinets, came with those rolling ladders like you see in libraries with high book

shelves.

I also have an antique Hoosier cabinet that has a pullout counter. It is about one inch higher than a kitchen table,

not too high to work at comfortably.

Hoosier cabinets were popular before kitchens with all the built ins. They were made for the convenience of women working in their kitchens.

Respected Contributor

This is lovely @stevieb 

I do not find stools comfortable but these are very pretty and a bit different.

Alas, I am also short so the cabinets would be inaccesible. 

The fresh flowers, picture and fruit bowl are all perfect and just the right touches.