Honored Contributor

Re: Powder Room, Before & After

I gag when I see you have to pick up the roll of toilet paper to get some. 

That means someone else has picked it up and unrolled some off, again and possibly again (and again).

They haven't washed their hands yet, remember.....

Honored Contributor

After is striking, but not sure about pictures so close to the toilet bowl.  

Honored Contributor

Neither.  The first is non-descript and the towels on the back of the toilet are an absolute no.

The second is too cluttered and ditto for the books and perfume bottle on the back of the toilet.  I do like the wall color in the second picture though.

The funny thing is, in the first photo, the mirror shows that stand of some sort against the other wall with plates displayed and that perfume bottle, along with a lamp.  Do people really clutter up their bathrooms with that kind of stuff?  I want minimalist, easy to clean!

Honored Contributor

The 1st one but I would have to change the picture. That's not a bathroom pic IMO. It looks nice & clean. Hate the 2nd one. Way too much on the wall for me. I hate the clutter look. It's too dark.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

Neither!

Was going to say the same thing.  I don't mind the darker walls in the after but really don't care for the collage of pictures...it's too busy for my taste!

Honored Contributor

I'd choose the after given a forced choice. Neither of them does much for me but the after version at least looks more finished.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like them both but like the first for a home and the second for a bed and breakfast type place.

The first one is calming and lets me think, the second is interesting and has things to look at.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Neither are my cup of tea but the after is much more visually interesting. 

Esteemed Contributor

After. Before was safe and boring. A powder rooms needs drama! The dark walls and trim that match the floor bring it. The equestrian pictures are OK. 

I love dramatic wallpaper in a powder room, too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Having all that stuff by the toilet is nasty.  Sorry but that's my take on it.  Ewwwwww!  

The dark color does make the room look bigger though.