Esteemed Contributor

For anyone who shops at pier one I have a question. Right now they have a 25% coupon off regular merchandise. Does anyone know if they might have a better coupon as we get closer to the holidays. I want to get the lamp for my bedroom but don't want there to be s better coupon in the next few weeks. So anyone who shops there know what kind of deals they have for the holidays.  

Respected Contributor

I think that is the best they do. Be careful, when they mark something down they have been known to mark it back up again. 

Esteemed Contributor

It's actually at the regular price right now. The coupon is only good on regular priced merchandise. It's a Veterans Day sale so I have to decide by the 12th. I may just let it ride out and see what happens since I won't need it for a few months. I was thinking they might put it on sale and have a 25% coupon off the sale price. I imagine they will probably have a good ebates but whether it will be when there is a good coupon who knows. 

Honored Contributor

I've gotten a number of the 25 percent off coupons, but they've all been for full price items only. I guess anything is possible, but I've never seen them do a larger percent off of merchandise already on sale. They might offer a larger percent off, as they sometime do with certain categories of merchandise, but usually when they do that other discounts don't apply.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I will probably just wait. If they don't end up having a better deal they will always have another 25% before Christmas I am sure. When I ordered my chandelier from them I got a good deal. But wouldn't you know 2 days later I could of saved another $15 or $20. I love the lamp so I want to make sure I get it.

Respected Contributor

I believe that the 25% off is as good as it gets unless it goes to clearance.  I've seen items marked down and then back up so it's really unpredictable.  The only time I've seen anything with a bigger discount, is if you are a Pier 1 rewards (credit card) customer, they offer a 10% off on the first Tuesday of the month.  I don't think they add that to any coupons, but only off the marked or discounted price.  Never seen a discount code off a clearance or sale price.

I purchased a couple of lamps there and love them.  They were a little expensive, but after several years, I'm still glad I got them.  

Pier 1 did have a 15% on Ebates earlier in the week, and a lot of retailers will double or even triple the Ebates amount on holidays, so to avoid the shipping fee and still use your 25% off, I would see if I could order it online on Veteran's day and pick up at the store, and get Ebates too. That would be the biggest discount with free shipping (pick up in store), 25% discount, and ebates.  

They don't combine a discount code with a free shipping code if you order on line and ship to your home, so it's one or the other.  You can avoid the shipping fees if you go into the store and they order it for you to ship to your home....but no ebates. 

I purchased 2 of the "Black and Crystal Bead Table Lamp", regular $299 and I watched and watched for a sale and bought them when they were $229.   They are back at $299 last time I checked.

The ONLY thing that you want to make sure that if you buy online for pickup in the store (out of their normal stock), be sure to double check and make sure it's in pristine condition, at my store, they don't pull them from the back stock, but just take the display pieces, and sometimes it is scratched or banged up a bit.

Happy shopping, which lamp are you looking at getting?

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

It takes forever for pier one to mark down non seasonal items.  If the store has a good number of lamps, I'd ride it out.  If they have few, you may want to buy now.  25% is a decent coupon for pier one.

Esteemed Contributor

The good news it's a pick up in store only and it's in stock. Same day pickup so no shipping.

IMG_3295.JPG wrote:

I believe that the 25% off is as good as it gets unless it goes to clearance.  I've seen items marked down and then back up so it's really unpredictable.  The only time I've seen anything with a bigger discount, is if you are a Pier 1 rewards (credit card) customer, they offer a 10% off on the first Tuesday of the month.  I don't think they add that to any coupons, but only off the marked or discounted price.  Never seen a discount code off a clearance or sale price.

I purchased a couple of lamps there and love them.  They were a little expensive, but after several years, I'm still glad I got them.  

Pier 1 did have a 15% on Ebates earlier in the week, and a lot of retailers will double or even triple the Ebates amount on holidays, so to avoid the shipping fee and still use your 25% off, I would see if I could order it online on Veteran's day and pick up at the store, and get Ebates too. That would be the biggest discount with free shipping (pick up in store), 25% discount, and ebates.  

They don't combine a discount code with a free shipping code if you order on line and ship to your home, so it's one or the other.  You can avoid the shipping fees if you go into the store and they order it for you to ship to your home....but no ebates. 

I purchased 2 of the "Black and Crystal Bead Table Lamp", regular $299 and I watched and watched for a sale and bought them when they were $229.   They are back at $299 last time I checked.

The ONLY thing that you want to make sure that if you buy online for pickup in the store (out of their normal stock), be sure to double check and make sure it's in pristine condition, at my store, they don't pull them from the back stock, but just take the display pieces, and sometimes it is scratched or banged up a bit.

Happy shopping, which lamp are you looking at getting?

Esteemed Contributor

There is also a good chance I will be able to get my furniture and bed right after we move. Every month I get paid all but $80 is going in the savings. So unless something comes up with the house where they need to use my money I will have enough. I am so excited. I can't wait to show everyone my room when it's done.  I have three beds picked out. I like them all the same so the decision will be hard.

Honored Contributor

Be sure to sigh up for their emails and like them on Facebook. Somehow in signing up with them I'm in their preferred customer club and I get discount privledges all the time. 

"Pure Michigan"