Respected Contributor

@ccassaday  I don't know anything about the coupons but I often just ask a salesperson what is coming up. You will be surprised how helpful they are. Good luck.

Respected Contributor

Just a comment about Pier 1. HomeGoods and Tuesday Morning carries several items from Pier 1.

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

For anyone who shops at pier one I have a question. Right now they have a 25% coupon off regular merchandise. Does anyone know if they might have a better coupon as we get closer to the holidays. I want to get the lamp for my bedroom but don't want there to be s better coupon in the next few weeks. So anyone who shops there know what kind of deals they have for the holidays.  

@ccassaday  Maybe after Christmas there will be a better percentage off, but that may only be decor.  If one uses the 25% off coupon, free shipping does not apply.  I bought a few things on sale last night so still was able to get the free shipping, but when I tried to use the coupon, I could either use it "on one item," or get free shipping, I chose free shipping, a better deal in this case.

Honored Contributor

They really should let customers use a coupon and get free shipping. I believe they used to automatically add free shipping to your shopping cart when they offered it. I usually go into the store because I hate to pay their shipping fees.

Esteemed Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

They really should let customers use a coupon and get free shipping. I believe they used to automatically add free shipping to your shopping cart when they offered it. I usually go into the store because I hate to pay their shipping fees.

I agree.  I have two stores where I live but what if you don't have a store close you can shop it to. 

Still havent decided if I will get it before the 12th or wait.  I will see if we get some extra time maybe this weekend. 

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

I agree.  I have two stores where I live but what if you don't have a store close you can shop it to. 

Still havent decided if I will get it before the 12th or wait.  I will see if we get some extra time maybe this weekend. 

@ccassaday  I really like the lamp.

Honored Contributor

I shopped at Pier 1 today.   The pillows that I bought were already marked down 20%, as were other items in the store.  

I bought other things that were 25% off for the Veterans  Day sale.  I only paid full price for the Unicef cards....understandable since this was a non profit item.  

I've been becoming a bigger fan of this store, lately. I like what they offer, the local sales staff is great, and if they don't have what I want in the store, we order it at the checkout area, and postage to my house is free.

Respected Contributor

@ccassaday  Just saw that Pier 1 is 11% for 11/11 on Ebates if you haven't ordered your lamp yet....I think I'm going to get the garland that I've been looking at.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

I think that is the best they do. Be careful, when they mark something down they have been known to mark it back up again. 

My SIL keeps warning me that at all these type places (Pier 1, Home Goods, At Home, Kirklands, etc) tend to quickly rotate lots of stock through.  She told me once you see something you really want, keep checking back often, a few of the ones I listed discount it and when the stock begins to dwindle then deeply discount it, new stuff arrives and it's gone.  I allowed that to happen more times than I care to remember so now I try to draw that line in the sand and decide what my price point is for buying it so I don't lose it!  Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose but I'm getting smarter about waiting too long!

Esteemed Contributor

Well ebates just made up my mind and I am going to order it today. Along with the 25% ebates has a 11% rebate. Can't beat that price.