Respected Contributor

Does anyone remember the Perfect Fold luggage that was sold on the Q once upon a time?

Does anyone know how to purchase it/where to find it now days?

I tried to Google it with no luck, I am wondering if I have the name wrong or if it is being sold under another name.

Any help would be appreciated.

Respected Contributor

No one remembers this lugguge??!?

Oh no

Respected Contributor

I really don't remember it. When I saw the thread title, I thought it was about that clothes-folding contraption.

Honored Contributor
On 3/6/2015 suzeecat said:

I really don't remember it. When I saw the thread title, I thought it was about that clothes-folding contraption.

So did I

Honored Contributor

No, but I looked it up. Here was the description-

Maybe you can find something similar based on the dimensions, weight, and fabric.

Perfect Fold Rolling Carry-On Luggage

The Perfect Fold Rolling Carry-on Luggage features 1200 denier ballistic polycord fabric, patented c-fold packing system, recessed self-locking handle system, solid rubber sealed ball-bearing wheels, two front full-gusset locking exterior pockets, ABS plastic uni-frame, water resistant shoe/laundry bag, large extender panel, top and side mounted carry handles, dual add-a-bag clamp, and self-repairing nylon coil zippers. Available in Black and Green. 24"L x 15"W x 9-1/2"D. 5-yr LMW. Made in Taiwan.

This is the description for the Perfect Fold II-

Don't waste precious time in long lines at the luggage carousel. You can bring the Perfect Fold II dual function carry-on luggage right on the plane; it meets all current FAA carry-on requirements. Like getting two bags in one, the new convertible design gives you more options for versatile packing. It retains all the garment bag features of the original Perfect Fold, but now it also converts into a traditional rolling pilot case. When used as a garment bag, the patented C-fold packing system maximizes packing space by accommodating up to six dresses or suits, and helping to prevent wrinkles in your clothing. You can even secure last minute accessories in the extra large, locking exterior pockets. The luggage boasts seven interior waterproof PVC vinyl pockets with dual function hold-down flaps. Top and side mounted carry handles, a recessed self-locking handle system and roller blade wheels make this carry-on easy to handle. The 1200 denier ballistic fabric resists scuffs and stains. Perfect for pleasure or business travel, the Perfect Fold II also makes a great gift. Measures 22" x 14" x 9". 55% Ramie/45% Polyester. Trim PVC. 5-year LMW. Black, Green or Pewter. Made in Taiwan/Thailand.

Respected Contributor
On 3/6/2015 suzeecat said:

I really like the clothes folding contraption, it works great!

Respected Contributor
On 3/6/2015 lolakimono said:

No, but I looked it up. Here was the description-

Maybe you can find something similar based on the dimensions, weight, and fabric.

Perfect Fold Rolling Carry-On Luggage

The Perfect Fold Rolling Carry-on Luggage features 1200 denier ballistic polycord fabric, patented c-fold packing system, recessed self-locking handle system, solid rubber sealed ball-bearing wheels, two front full-gusset locking exterior pockets, ABS plastic uni-frame, water resistant shoe/laundry bag, large extender panel, top and side mounted carry handles, dual add-a-bag clamp, and self-repairing nylon coil zippers. Available in Black and Green. 24"L x 15"W x 9-1/2"D. 5-yr LMW. Made in Taiwan.

This is the description for the Perfect Fold II-

Don't waste precious time in long lines at the luggage carousel. You can bring the Perfect Fold II dual function carry-on luggage right on the plane; it meets all current FAA carry-on requirements. Like getting two bags in one, the new convertible design gives you more options for versatile packing. It retains all the garment bag features of the original Perfect Fold, but now it also converts into a traditional rolling pilot case. When used as a garment bag, the patented C-fold packing system maximizes packing space by accommodating up to six dresses or suits, and helping to prevent wrinkles in your clothing. You can even secure last minute accessories in the extra large, locking exterior pockets. The luggage boasts seven interior waterproof PVC vinyl pockets with dual function hold-down flaps. Top and side mounted carry handles, a recessed self-locking handle system and roller blade wheels make this carry-on easy to handle. The 1200 denier ballistic fabric resists scuffs and stains. Perfect for pleasure or business travel, the Perfect Fold II also makes a great gift. Measures 22" x 14" x 9". 55% Ramie/45% Polyester. Trim PVC. 5-year LMW. Black, Green or Pewter. Made in Taiwan/Thailand.

This is it!

It is basically a roll/fold garment bag. The inside holds clothes on hanger and has lots of compartments and zippered areas for socks, undergarments,swim suits, and shoes.

It has been the best, most organized luggage I ever owned.

I have lots of other luggage the same size, etc. But they lack the organizational system.

Honored Contributor

What about something like this?

Trusted by travelers for more than 75 years

Redesigned with smart features for frequent travelers

Clothes fit inside with less folding for fewer wrinkles

Telescoping handle and in-line skate wheels for easy transport

Our easy-to-pack garment bag has smart features sure to be appreciated by frequent travelers. The tall frame is great for longer items like suits or dresses – clothes fit inside with less folding for fewer wrinkles. Internal hanging system stacks garments neatly in place. Zippered corner sections provide storage for shoes, socks and more. Telescoping handle and Smooth-Glide in-line skate wheels make it simple to navigate busy airports and crowded streets. The exterior has a smooth, sculpted front panel that won't snag during baggage handling. Large pocket keeps a sweater or raincoat readily accessible. Made from rugged 1,000-denier nylon with premium leather trim. Imported.

Capacity 4,000 cu. in.

Weight 12 lb. 6 oz.

Dimensions 24"H x 21¼"W x 7¾"D.

Frequent Contributor

I have one in my closet that I'm getting ready to discard. It's a great suitcase and has held up well (still in good shape! after all these years!) but it's too darn heavy for me now that I have RA. And ... I upgraded to a suitcase with 4 wheels instead of two; so much easier for me to roll around airports and hotels.

I don't know where you can buy it anymore.

PS -- The laundry folder is a flipfold. I have that, too, and LOVE it!

New Contributor
I have a perfect fold bag that I ordered from the Q years ago and I have used it every time I've traveled. It is worn out and I still refuse to get rid of it. It's the best piece of luggage I've ever owned. I started trying to find a replacement about three years ago to no avail. I even went so far as emailing Dan Hughes about the bag since he was the host who was typically with the vendor who sold the luggage. Heard back from him and told me that he honestly couldn't remember the luggage. I've had the wheels replaced and the zipper replaced. Every time I travel with anyone they ask me where they can find the luggage. I wish I knew. Sorry I can't help you, but I sure would be interested in purchasing another one if anyone else knows where to get one.