Regular Contributor

pellet.jpg

Hubby and I recently bought a pellet stove insert.  My husband, brother, and brother in law got it installed, finally, with blood, sweat, and tears! Lol ... ready to kill each other!  

I am loving it so far ... it throws off so much heat ... maybe even too much heat for me!  Does anyone else here have/use a pellet stove?

We are hoping that it saves us on oil costs this winter!  It really is pretty!  Smiley Happy  

Valued Contributor

@JFD12  Your fireplace is beautiful, I have always loved brick fireplaces. Hope you enjoy your new insert it looks nice and cozy!

Valued Contributor

@JFD12 So lovely! The pellet stoves do give off a lot of heat whereas a wood burning fireplace sends part of the heat up the chimney. They are pretty economical as well. We put one in my in-laws' house up on the Rim (Mogollon Rim-Arizona) and it kept the whole family/dining area/kitchen warm. They usually kept a cast iron kettle of water on top because it would get very dry in there.

You should love it this winter. In fact, you may already. 

Honored Contributor

Thumbs Up Emoticon - Beautiful Emoji Queen Duvet, transparent png download

Honored Contributor

@JFD12 .............back in the 80's when I lived in Ohio I had a free standing pellet stove.  It kept my old farm house toasty.  I loved it.  

You will continue to love it and it will keep you warm without of the mess of wood.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

Re: Pellet Stoves

[ Edited ]

They work well. You have to be comfortable with the storage and handling of the pellets. Also, maintenance and cleaning of the stove is important. Glad you like it. You'll be comfortable this winter!

Your fireplace looks beautiful. 

Honored Contributor

We don't have a pellet stove, but a pellet grill.  Best grilled flavor EVER!

Enjoy!

Super Contributor

We started out with a wood burning insert when we were younger (20's and 30's) and enjoyed it for many years until it needed replacing.....at this stage in our lives, now in our early 60's and 70's, we decided on a pellet stove insert.....it's a lot easier on us: the cleaning is nothing compared to the dealings with the ashes, wood cutting, stacking and hauling/stacking....owning a pellet stove insert is wonderful.  We love that we can control the temperature with it's thermostat.......... 

Super Contributor

A pellet stove is great until the power goes out.....then you need a back up power source.

Esteemed Contributor

A friend has/had a pellet stove and they really liked the heat it put out. When they sold their house they found out that the heat from the pellet stove messed up the chimney as the heat from stove was too hot for the existing insert. The new owners had to put in a new insert w/in the chimney. (They bought house w/ inspection waived). My friends had no idea there was an issue at all w/ chimney. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."