Honored Contributor

This is soooo my style! I live in a cottage on a lake and my decorating is pretty much on par with this photo! Living in upper Michigan, I find it very difficult finding "beachy" things/looks but I think I have succeeded. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@roxxy1 wrote:

I like the room, but not the look of the holes in the wood.  Makes it look rotten, like the rain would come pouring in.

@roxxy1  Seriously? I'm assuming that there is a roof on this cottage preventing "rain" from coming in. Silly.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I adore the whole room!  So calming and fresh!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

@roxxy1 wrote:

I like the room, but not the look of the holes in the wood.  Makes it look rotten, like the rain would come pouring in.

@roxxy1  Seriously? I'm assuming that there is a roof on this cottage preventing "rain" from coming in. Silly.

@ID2  I know the rain won't come in.  Silly me for stating my opinion.

Respected Contributor

Lovely! It looks like it might be a converted sun porch.  Open all those windows and hear the ocean waves while you sleep.   Bliss!

Respected Contributor

I like it.

Esteemed Contributor

I prefer normal wood tones and I'm not a fan of the color scheme.  It is a very relaxing space though.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown