Honored Contributor

I'd never heard of them, but apparently, "Paris Perfect" grew out of a demand by visitors to have a less impersonal experience than a hotel.  So these are real apartments, available for short-term rental.

This one, in a probably very old building, would really give you the Paris experience.  So many things to like about it.  That big gilt mirror, beautiful.

I love the color combination of charcoal and champagne, which you see in the pillows and the couch:

hi_dcp-2016050518310-HDR-Edit.jpg

They didn't "fill up" the room, either, but just chose very carefully their decor.  Nice the way the bedroom carries on the theme.   Ah, Paree. 

Honored Contributor

What a lovely way to spend some time away and be in such appealing surroundings.  Because it is a rental it doesn't look or feel anything like a hotel room but instead you have an environment of comfort and beauty, and I do love the chandelier!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Wow, I kept reading about this company (got this from the "Cote de Texas" blog-- she has actually stayed at various Paris Perfect apartments).

Anyway, they have a far-flung operation-- now they have "Normandy Perfect" in the countryside.  Love Normandy.

It's like a little medieval village.  There's the owner's house, and then guests can stay in their choice of a fifteenth century cottage, or a dovecote, or a converted stable, I think. 

Here's the owner's library, which is a public part of their house, and set up as a congregating space for guests.  How cozy is that:

le-domaine-dablon-ablon-017-81650-960x600.jpg

You can have your dinner in front of the fire...

27788786_2050276688572015_5333487322728819932_o.jpg

Here's the Dovecote, where guests stay:

2018-09-23 (66).png

And here's the interior of the 15th century cottage for guests.  Love the terra cotta floor and the massive old beams:

29354442_2074040986195585_974059823381546231_o.jpg

Exterior of the 15th century cottage.  I think the larger house next to it is the owner's house.

Noel+au+Domaine+d'Ablon.jpg

Oh, yes, I could soak up the "Normandy experience" there.

Cote de Texas said it is near the sacred spot on nearby beaches where our finest World War II soldiers landed.

Honored Contributor

This idea reminds me of the ads for VRBO & Airbnb. Some people prefer the comforts of a home instead of a hotel. The only issue is renting them is more expensive than a standard hotel room. 

The Paris apartment is nice. I'm not a fan of the gold sofa or mirror, but it would be perfectly fine for a visit there. The Normandy choice is a bit more my style. I don't love everything, but again, great for a vacation. It looks very comfortable. 

Esteemed Contributor

Sign me up for Paris AND Normandy. sigh.

Beautiful places. Now, if only I could get my darling husband to either retire or take 6 weeks off at a time. 

A girl can dream.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

In the Paris apartment, the first thing  I saw was that absolute horror of a mirror. That, together with the ugly gold sofa, would be a huge NO for me, not even for a visit. Don't really care for the chairs.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell - WOW to both! 

I spent a little over two weeks in a Paris hotel before we got to the university, and one week in the same hotel before we came back to the US. Our room looked nothing like that one, but we had an amazing view. IDK if I could live with those colors every day, but. . . on second thought I WOULD live with them every day! 

I'd take Normandy too. Just beautiful!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

All rooms are lovely and make me want to stay there, sit in those rooms, and enjoy the European Experience.

I am far from a fan of bright pink but it works here.

Au RevoirWoman Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: PARIS PERFECT

[ Edited ]

No, No, No.  The decor is all wrong.  The large mirror on the wall looks off above a sofa.  The idea of renting an apt. instead of hotel is interesting concept but what's the price?  However, I would prefer the hotel with room service.

Now the one in Normandy is a different story.  I did not see the pictures until I scrolled down to my first reply.  Yes, very nice but expensive.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: PARIS PERFECT

[ Edited ]

I would love to stay in either of these. Ahhh...dinner in front of the fire in Paris.  That would not be hard to take in such lovely surroundings.