Esteemed Contributor

Oven window cleaning tip please

[ Edited ]

I have a electric stove and the window inside is yucky, how do  you clean your window in the oven?  Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Oven window cleaning tip please

I put about 1/2 cup of baking soda in a dish and add just enough water to make a paste. Then spread it over the inside of the oven door and let sit for 30-40 minutes. Wipe off with a sponge, some areas have to be done twice. Hope this helps!

Valued Contributor

If you're talking about inside the oven door glass, I use oven cleaner.  If you mean the glass between the door, that's a different story.

Respected Contributor

@In-x-s wrote:

If you're talking about inside the oven door glass, I use oven cleaner.  If you mean the glass between the door, that's a different story.

I don't understand what you're referring to..... The glass between the door....and what?

Honored Contributor

It's usually double-pane glass.......and it gets discolored between the panes.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

@nomless wrote:

@In-x-s wrote:

I don't understand what you're referring to..... The glass between the door....and what?

as stated, between the double panes of glass inside the door.  Because the door is vented, it can get dusty and moisture runs down between the glass panes.

Honored Contributor

I use the Bio Cleaner that was the TSV this week. It works wonders on the glass inside the oven. I use it to spot clean baked on spills in the oven as well. 

Honored Contributor

Shortly after I got my  stove, I realized it was disgusting BETWEEN the door panes and called for warranty service.  The fellow who came told me all the newer stoves accumulate "dirt" between the panes and the only way to clean it away is to dismantle the door!  Because he was a nice guy or maybe he just wasn't busy that day, be actually took my door apart and cleaned it.

I've never done it since - took him close to an hour between dismantling and cleaning and reassembling and I have no intention of paying for that hour.  I suppose someone with more muscle and patience than I have could do the job themselves, but it doesn't affect the food and I've trained myself to ignore the mess.

Respected Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

Shortly after I got my  stove, I realized it was disgusting BETWEEN the door panes and called for warranty service.  The fellow who came told me all the newer stoves accumulate "dirt" between the panes and the only way to clean it away is to dismantle the door!  Because he was a nice guy or maybe he just wasn't busy that day, be actually took my door apart and cleaned it.

I've never done it since - took him close to an hour between dismantling and cleaning and reassembling and I have no intention of paying for that hour.  I suppose someone with more muscle and patience than I have could do the job themselves, but it doesn't affect the food and I've trained myself to ignore the mess.

I have some of that between the double glass on my wall oven !

It makes me mad that I can't get to it. Woman Frustrated

Valued Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

DH and I do ours every couple of years.  I don't use my oven much anymore since I got a countertop oven and I think that must help.  I don't know what that would have to do with it but maybe using it causes more airflow up the bottom vents??  I dunno!!  It is quite a job to take it off and take it apart to clean!