Esteemed Contributor

Re: Oven window cleaning tip please

I have an old electric stove and about twice a year I get the portable steamer out and steam clean the window. It works pretty good. I recently purchased the bio cleaner because I think that might do a better job. 

Honored Contributor

If you are talking about the insides of the double pane of glass Pinterest has a lot of tips on how to do it accessing the inside through the vents on the door.

Contributor

I had an accidential spill of the rib beer mariade I was using go between the glass. I hated the way it looked. The oven has a maintanence agreement. The service man came to check the gas igniter and was kind enough to take the door apart so we could clean it. He was not supposed to do it, so I tipped him nicely. It makes me happy to see that mess gone every time I use the oven.

Esteemed Contributor

The last time I used the "Clean" feature on our oven, the inner area of the two glass panes on stove door appears to have burned...This area is now a brownish mess...Has anyone had this happen?

We've had the stove for approximately 14 years and I never had this happen while using the "Clean" feature.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~