Honored Contributor

Re: Our house is being painted this week

@Evie2004 wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

My in-laws own a condo and the decking, walkway railings, storm door and front door have to be ugly brown - ugly dark brown.  Did I say ugly!  

Ours is a pretty, dark brown 😊 The white trim really makes the color pop!

They aren't allowed any other color on the windows, trim, etc...it's all brown up against the brick.
If the storm door gets caught in the wind and damaged, I don't even know where one could by a brown storm door.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Where I live things like the storm doors , and the lanai frame are all dark bronze color. You can buy that color - which is really brown - anywhere. Home depot, lowes etc. The screens are all dark brown too.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I never heard the term landominium so I googled it and that is pretty much what we have here. We own the lot but they do the maintainence on it.

Valued Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I never heard the term landominium so I googled it and that is pretty much what we have here. We own the lot but they do the maintainence on it.

Our homes are not attached..only ranches or 2 story, with basements, both about 2100+ sq ft..there are about 40-45 units in our association..built on a golf course that used to be a beautiful farm..so lots of HOA fees go to landscaping costs..managed by a great local company & board members are awesome! 

Honored Contributor

The homes here are all brick, except the trim, and that is covered in metal so never needs painting. I have never heard of a HOA. Our property is owned by us, and the maintenance is ours to do. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tissyanne wrote:

The homes here are all brick, except the trim, and that is covered in metal so never needs painting. I have never heard of a HOA. Our property is owned by us, and the maintenance is ours to do. 

A HOA is in place to make sure the neighborhood stays nice. Which helps the homes keep there value. So someone doesn't pull a Trailer up to the house and leave it there or leave junk cars that don't run in the backyard. No wild colors on houses ect. But a lot of them are overbearing and try to abuse their power.

we don't have a HOA where we are moving. There is only two houses ours will be the third. But we did sign convenents. Our house has to be a certain size ect. On Friday my dad went out to our lot with the builder. He wasn't out of his car for five minutes and the guy we bought the property from was calling us reminding us we have to follow rules. I hope he doesn't give us any problems. They have to OK the plans from the builder. My dad worked on those covenants for days before we bought the lot. It's not like he is going to break his own rules.

Honored Contributor

We have covenants too in our neighborhood.  Garages cannot face the street, no clotheslines (where did THAT come from?  WHO has a clothesline?), certain size for houses built here, etc.  There is also a $150/year HOA fee that is used to landscape the entrance areas to the neighborhoods and the boulevards on the main streets.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

We have covenants too in our neighborhood.  Garages cannot face the street, no clotheslines (where did THAT come from?  WHO has a clothesline?), certain size for houses built here, etc.  There is also a $150/year HOA fee that is used to landscape the entrance areas to the neighborhoods and the boulevards on the main streets.

@Sooner,You're lucky.  Our HOA fee is $400/yr.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@ECBG  You must get WAY more flowers at the gates than we do!  LOL!!!!  This doesn't do anything for our own yards, and I assume yours doesn't either.  Good thing ours isn't that high or I might be out there trying to conceal an illegal clothes line under the deck!  LOL!!!!   Wonder how many years of hard time you'd have to do for a clothes line?????

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@ECBG  You must get WAY more flowers at the gates than we do!  LOL!!!!  This doesn't do anything for our own yards, and I assume yours doesn't either.  Good thing ours isn't that high or I might be out there trying to conceal an illegal clothes line under the deck!  LOL!!!!   Wonder how many years of hard time you'd have to do for a clothes line?????

@Sooner,No, it's not the flowers.  We have a grass median.  It takes care of that and tree planting and removal.  The street is one lane all the way through with a cut through about every eight houses.  We have about 25.