Valued Contributor

Ordering Farmhouse Distressed Furniture on Line?

I have not done this before and am looking for a white distressed dresser, mirror and nightstand.  Has anyone ordered from any on the on line stores and been totally satisfied?  I am wanting solid wood furniture and will be quality pieces and last a long time.  Any suggestions?

Honored Contributor

Re: Ordering Farmhouse Distressed Furniture on Line?

I can't help you but I notice "farmhouse" is the new buzz word in decorating. 

Esteemed Contributor

Would help to know where you're located?

Honored Contributor

I personally would never trust buying good furniture without seeing it first. That being said, I live among the Amish and there's nothing like their furniture! It's all wood and handmade. And I would rather support those in my community instead of the big name stores (online). JMO

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

No no no  just for the fact it would be the biggest pain to return

Frequent Contributor

I also live in Amish country.

you can't beat their quality. If you live close to these Amish arrears, check out their quality things.

i have several small pieces.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just guessing it might be cheaply made. Anything new we've purchased has been Amish made because we wanted sturdy pieces. Are there any reviews?

Honored Contributor

Our DS (they lost their home just after Christmas before last) just rebuilt and was able to get in two days before this Christmas.

I was shocked he ordered a statement bed from Wayfair.  He said the posts came numbered and signed with the craftsman's name.  It's a beautiful, sturdy piece that will last forever.

Respected Contributor

i have good luck with facebook market place.   i am working a deal today with a seller on two chairs.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Any of the national online resources: Wayfair, Grandin Road, Overstock, Ballard, Home Depot's 'home decorator' division, and so on... You might also check out Nebraska Furniture Mart, if you're in the Midwest. I'm not and don't know if they ship outside of their region. Personally, I don't do much with either farmhouse or distressed, so can't suggest anything based on experience. As for ordering sight unseen, you just aren't going to know about the quality until you receive the shipment.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...